Dreadzone bass sound

Moderator: interruptor

Neil C

Dreadzone bass sound

Post by Neil C » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:31 pm

Does anyone know what equipment/technique was used to get the bass sound on Dreadzone's 'Second Light' album?

Matt Lockwood

Dreadzone bass sound

Post by Matt Lockwood » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:10 pm

I suspect that it's not 'real' bass on that album, as it sounds very similar to the programmed bass on the 360 Degrees album. Exactly what software was used, I couldn't say. Leo generally used a Steinberger bass when playing live though, if that's any help.

Neil C

Dreadzone bass sound

Post by Neil C » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:22 pm

Thanks for that. <BR> <BR>The bass on 360 degrees is clearly not real. <BR>But on Second Light it is much improved and sounds a lot more real. The bass player is not pictured on 360 degrees but he is on Second Light. I'm prepared to believe it is clever programming though. <BR>The bass on Moving On on Biological Radio would be very difficult to do by non-real bass, but maybe it is all synth though, very clever if it is. <BR> <BR>When I've seen them live the bass didn't sound different to the recordings. <BR> <BR>By coincidence I play the cheaper version of the Steinberg bass, made by Honer &#40;licensed by Steinberg&#41; which I bought in 1987. <BR> <BR>My bass sound has developed since my original post. Its very close to what I want now &#40;I'd still like to know what Dreadzone used thought&#41;.

Matt Lockwood

Dreadzone bass sound

Post by Matt Lockwood » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:08 pm

You could always send them an email and ask. They're usually very friendly - although I've not been in touch with them for years, when I was working on their merchandising stand. Of course they've changed the line-up since the Second Light days and I don't think they even use a bassist when playing live these days. Shame!

DELETED

Dreadzone bass sound

Post by DELETED » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:48 am

DELETED

DELETED

Dreadzone bass sound

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:21 am

DELETED

DELETED

Dreadzone bass sound

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:12 am

DELETED