Roland re-201 impulses in wav. available

Moderator: interruptor

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:16 pm

Noisevault now has some impulses in wav. format &#40;for use in such things as SIR&#41; from the 201. <BR>There are 3 delays with reverb, and 3 without, and one that is just the reverb. <BR>I guess you could time-stretch the impulses to get the delays in time with your track. <BR><A HREF="http://noisevault.com/index.php?page=3& ... d=6&id=133" TARGET="_top">http://noisevault.com/index.php?page=3& ... &id=133</A>

HM

Post by HM » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:14 pm

Very interesting, thanks, as for I <BR>not SIR o.l. pt. but maybe our host <BR>could comment, he knows about this <BR>but sofar assumed that convolution <BR>was not for non-liniar algoritms as <BR>far as i remember <BR> <BR>HM

HM

Post by HM » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:19 pm

Rated 10/10 ! Niel did you test yet ?

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:55 pm

If I understand your first reply correctly, then SIR can handle non linear algorithms - by which I mean that a sample of delays will work as delays when used in SIR &#40;these 201 samples did&#41; or, I presume, other convolution reverbs. <BR>What I was most interested in to hear was the reverb - which turns out to not as springy/boingy I would like. <BR>If I didn't already have a really good delay plug in, I'd be really happy to use the delays. <BR> <BR>I've also discovered another set of .wav reverbs from the 201: <BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/vintage_impulse" TARGET="_top">http://www.geocities.com/vintage_impulse</A>

HM

Post by HM » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:58 pm

I qouted a thing interruptor said earlyer, that <BR>convolution might be perfect to linear algoritm&acute;s <BR>like in traditional reverbration, while it might <BR>be daubtsome how well convolution would work for <BR>non-linear structures such as a boingy spring <BR>based on logaritmic mechanical wierdness more <BR>than simulated reflections, but none of us here <BR>has tested spring impulses yet, if i understand <BR>you correct this impulse does not impress you, <BR>so unfortunately interruptor seems to be right <BR> <BR>sorry for my english :-&#41; <BR> <BR>HM

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:56 am

It's not so much because of 'linearity' that I don't like the 201 reverb sample. It is the inherent actual sound of the reverb that I don't want to use &#40;i.e. if I had a real 201, I wouldn't use the reverb on its own&#41;. <BR>Interruptor is right about what he was saying -however I think that a good sample, of say, a Fisher Spacexpander, would be very useful. <BR>It's the same difference between using a sample of a analog device or instrument and the real thing - for instance using a sample of a Minimoog compared to a real Minimoog - good but not the same - one play of a sample will sound the same &#40;because it is the same&#41; -but try arpeggiating the minimoog sample, and then listen to the real Moog being arpeggiated- big difference. With a real spring reverb you will get a varying response to different sound inputs &#40;or even the same input&#41;, but a sample will be the same each time it is used. <BR>However, you could simulate the variance of a real spring reverb by taking several samples and alternating between them &#40;although this would mean having several instances of SIR going at the same time&#41;. A good sample set &#40;or indeed single sample&#41; of a Fisher Spacexpander would be something I would use. <BR>In short, getting some good samples of a Fisher Spacexpander, or other boingy verb, is something well-worth pursuing.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:39 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:38 am

DELETED