DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dub production inside the computer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : OTHER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wukist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Dub production inside the computer? Reply with quote

i use cubase sx, wit vst's to make music

for dub i use mostly this config
moog modular for bass, and some leads
b4 for organ, sometimes also a pro 53 but more for lead organ sounds and melodica sounds
battery for drums & percussion (it's a drumsampler)
for brass, guitar, and piano i use halion and good sample libaries

for sfx-plugins i use the xpressor, the classic series freeware sfx (they are very good), native verb, and the waves native bundle, wich is very good but also very expensive.

i control everthing with a mackie control, and monitor on mackie monitors. as midi keyboard i use a old yamaha psr5700 rompler synth
Dubb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Dub production inside the computer? Reply with quote

Thanks interruptor. I'm a frustrated daily Fruity Loops user looking for the versatility of Fruity Loops, without the horrible lo-fi dead-feeling machine grumblings of Fruity Loops. Hopefully Buzz will do the job, without giving my tracks the kiddish pop feel of music produced with a module tracker. I will try it out.

VSTi's. I can get a much cleaner sound from a cheap Casio toy keyboard. Put through a few effects and you have the same or better range of any VSTi. In fact I would say you can get something like a clean but rootsy Mad Professor-ish sound on all instruments in dub, without needing all these software plugins.
TAYO POPOOLA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Dub production inside the computer? Reply with quote

hi guys. how can i get the fabulous free plug ins on offer on this site for logic 6? i can only use Audio Units i think. or can these plug ins be made logic compatible?
thanks,

wicked site by the way

T3000
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Dub production inside the computer? Reply with quote

sorry tayo.. the plugins on this site are made with synthedit, a pc software which generates VST plugins for pc's only. :-/
TAYO POPOOLA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Dub production inside the computer? Reply with quote

boo! will i be able to use the plug ins if i get aa vst to AU adaptor? are there any plans for some mac compatible fx? my studio partner uses a pc & cubase so at least i get some joy out of playing with them .... keep up the dope work...

T3000
interruptor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Dub production inside the computer? Reply with quote

fxpansion sell a VST AU adaptor. On their FAQ page it says:

Will it work with Mac OS 9 VST plug-ins?

No. Your VST plug-ins must be Mac OS X-compatible.

Will it work with PC VST plug-ins?

No.

So it will not work. At least not with this adapter
loqi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Dub production inside the computer? Reply with quote

Hi - I was wondering if anyone experienced this problem:
im using ableton live , and when i try to use the infinite delay button on ohmboyz (the one with a mushroom cloud) it generally causes a click or blip in the audio , and also delays that...........this sucks obviously....
Chris_B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Dub production inside the computer? Reply with quote

Mac users needing plugins should check here:
http://macmusic.org/softs/softcat.php/lang/EN/id/7037/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : OTHER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: