where can i get a tape rewinding sample

Moderator: interruptor

k ras

Post by k ras » Tue Oct 30, 2001 1:03 pm

i ve looked all over the net and i cant find a sample of a tape machine rewindin. <BR>i used to have one but i lost it. <BR>thanks <BR>k ras

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Tue Oct 30, 2001 3:01 pm

If you are using a sampler you can create your <BR>own tape rewind preset which gives you far more <BR>control than any premade sample by someone else: <BR> <BR>- take a long sample of the sound you want to <BR> rewind <BR>- reverse the sample <BR>- loop it <BR>- program the pitch envelope of your sampler <BR> to increase the pitch when you start the <BR> sample by pressing a note on the keyboard. <BR> Also program the pitch envelope to decrease the <BR> pitch after the key is released. <BR>- program the volume envelope to have a long <BR> relase time. this way you can actually <BR> hear the "tape" slowing down after releasing <BR> the key <BR> <BR>Alternatively you could also create you own rewind <BR>samples with a turntable.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Tue Oct 30, 2001 3:44 pm

and if you are too lazy for all the above you <BR>could still use <A HREF=" http://www.lookoutgfx.com/experizine/wa ... .WAV">this one</A>..

k ras

Post by k ras » Fri Nov 02, 2001 1:08 am

hi interruptor <BR>i couldnt make one myself, because i dont have a sampler <BR>thats the sample i had before thanks <BR>k ras

oswellm

Post by oswellm » Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:14 pm

I found that you can get a good tape rewind effect with soundforge &#40;sonicfoundry.com&#41; by putting a pitch bend that varies alot on whatever sound you want to 'rewind', and then reversing the result.. I can't remember the exact settings I had when I did it, but it was something along those lines.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:20 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:59 am

DELETED