DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tape loops in Dub

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : OTHER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 7:31 pm    Post subject: Tape loops in Dub Reply with quote

As i can't afford a sampler, to loop drum beats or bass phrases i recently started cutting tape loops for my reel to reel. I was thinking of getting my hands on a couple more reel to reels and running loops of the same BPM thru delays, flangers, vibrato and envelope filter. Anyone else tried this kind of thing?
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 12:35 am    Post subject: Tape loops in Dub Reply with quote

i think you'll have big problems keeping your loops synchronized if they are running on different tape machines. the approach could still be very interesting. we had some discussion about tape loops already in the "Lee Perry on 4 tracks" thread. (see the posts were Muslim Gauze is mentioned)
DC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:21 am    Post subject: Tape loops in Dub Reply with quote

There are nuff reel to real machines that have sync fuctions. Like a lot of Revox machines. If you want to make loops on tape, you have to cut very precice to get them synced properly.
nem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 11:50 am    Post subject: Tape loops in Dub Reply with quote

The Simms Watts Echo DEk can make tape loops as well as being a pretty good tape echo / reverb unit , i dont think any other machine can do this.
nem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 11:50 am    Post subject: Tape loops in Dub Reply with quote

The Simms Watts Echo DEk can make tape loops as well as being a pretty good tape echo / reverb unit , i dont think any other machine can do this.
Looter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 10:48 pm    Post subject: Tape loops in Dub Reply with quote

You can play mono loops of up to 15 feet or so on any space echo type of tape delay with the sound on sound feature. I would say use a multitrack reel to reel if you want multiple loops going at the same time and in sync though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : OTHER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: