DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hose reverb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : OTHER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uffe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Hose reverb Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm thinking about making a hose reverb, of which I've read about here: http://www.interruptor.ch/dub_fx.shtml

"The Hose Reverb: Take a hose (like the ones used for gardening) and drill some holes in it. Then put it in a noise proof box. Stick a small speaker to one end and microphones into the holes (said to produce very unique reverb effects, especially if the signals from different microphones are used)."

I have some questions about it and I would like to get in touch with anyone who has built one of these. Answer here, or send me an e-mail.

Uffe,
uffeone@hotmail.com
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Hose reverb Reply with quote

i didn't try that myself. a friend told me about it when i wrote the first version of the dub scrolls back in 98.
to try out the principle just start with a hose without the holes and use one speaker and one mic. one at each end. if that yields an interresting result go on with holes, a noise proof box and so on.
it would be nice to hear some audio samples if it works for you.. i would gladly host them on the dub scolls!

cheers
daniel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : OTHER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: