DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting a soundsystem...advice needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> BEGINNERS QUESTIONS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dub Scientist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Starting a soundsystem...advice needed! Reply with quote

Big up! How you guys doing? Everything irie?

First of all, sorry for the bad english, I'm from Portugal and...well it's not my first language.
I'm planning to start a small soundsystem with some friends. Here's the idea: we want to spin some records (mostly dub...Iration Steppas, Jah Cure, King Shiloh and stuff like that...do you guys know a good web site were I can buy this kind of vinyl records?) and have a friend singing over the music being played. But the thing is that I want to have effects (like reverb, delay...and maybe phaser...applyed in the same channel) applyed to the voice. For that I was thinking in buying some cheap (but nice) mixing table, that could alow me to mix the records (on different channels and apply the effects on the voice. I had a look to the BEHRINGER products. But well...what's you advice?

Thanks in advance!

Blessings from Portugal!
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Starting a soundsystem...advice needed! Reply with quote

- i never bought vinyl online - so can't help with that. i think it is necessary to listen to the records before buying them anyway. something you can do in typical vinyl shops aimed at djs.
(at least in europe)

- about the mixer: don't forget that you need a special phono preamp for turntables. also you want to be able to listen to one record while the other is being played on the sound system. that's why there is a market for dj-mixers. i see that behringer has also a line of dj-mixers.
this one for 265Euro even has the effects you want:
http://www.behringer.com/DJX700/index.cfm?lang=ENG

To me it looks like a copy of the very popular pioneer mixer djm500 for ca. 700Euro:
http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_pioneer_djm_500_prodinfo.html
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Starting a soundsystem...advice needed! Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Starting a soundsystem...advice needed! Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Starting a soundsystem...advice needed! Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> BEGINNERS QUESTIONS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: