DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion Board Update

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> NEWS FROM THE BOARD ADMIN
View previous topic :: View next topic  
interruptor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

Dear fellow Dubheads..

yesterday i checked for ways of stopping the annoying spam attacks that happen on this board from time to time. in the course of this i updated the board software to the latest version hoping for better administration tools. unfortunately these tools are mainly the same but the board looks somewhat more "contemporary" now. hope you like it..

on the long run we might have to close the board to the public and start giving out user accounts. i don't like that approach very much as i don't feel like spending time on opening and closing user accounts daily. also deleting hundreds of messages one by one is no option.
on the other hand having hundreds of nonsense messages posted by an evil spambot once every two months or so means that we will have more trash than useful content in the board soon.
for the moment we can hope that spambot will stumble over the new interface, let's see..

thinking about it i have to say it's surprising how little trash is posted here given the fact that this is a completely open public board running since more than 4 years.
HM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

Give thanks that you keep this going,...
Neil C

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

I've been meaning for a while to post a big general thanks and gratefulness to you Interruptor for this forum. I really appreciate your efforts in providing this lovely dub haven. Thanks!

Hope your intervention thwarts the spam.
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

Daniel, the board looks nice. I'd say do what ever is the most managable for you, we can adapt :-)And thank You for doing all the work - I know how it is. If needed, I personally would not mind user profile/pasword/login. Actually this may attract more 'dedicated' users over the time... well, it's hard to tell thou...

/respects
Mike Zee aka Dr ZEE
ZDL

MZEntertainment.com
interruptor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

also a big thank you to you, the regular posters on this board. this would be a very boring place without the people who take their time to answer questions!
KoCha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

Big Up for the new style !

Thanks for your good job interruptor, for me it's the best technical dub forum other the web !

Jah Bless,

KoCha
www.Almighty-Dub.com

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

DELETED
DiGiT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

WTF? time to ban these losers! can you say 'spam'?
interruptor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

brr.. it's happening again :-(

the strangest part is: the links that are currently posted all over the board don't even work. so we are victims of a "trial run" of some spam software in it's debug phase..

i temporarily disabled public posting on the "dub production" and "general dub discussion topics" to prevent further corruption of the content.
interruptor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

public posting is now enabled again.
Downpressor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

on the bright side, since I normally view the bord in the "Last Week" view, this infestation brought up a bunch of good topics that I'd missed before!
Abramelin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

Since I'm new on this board, I have to tell you how I enjoy your site Interruptor. There is no too many true dubheads in my surrounding.

I was always searching for such a dub gate.

You Interruptor, and all of you 'regular' guys too, your posts are worthful, direct, clear and dubwise. I'm glad to read you.
Thanks for such a nice time buzzin' around.

Cheers.
Downpressor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Discussion Board Update Reply with quote

I'd also like to chime in and say how much I like this board and to thank interruptor for making it available. I've only ever found one other dub related board and the main focus there seems to be talk of religion rather than making dub (some of you know the place I mean).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> NEWS FROM THE BOARD ADMIN All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: