Who composed the Tempo Riddim ?? - license issue

Moderator: interruptor

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:17 pm

Dear All <BR> <BR>I re-recorded King Tubby's tempo riddim and cut a new tune on it which is to be released on a cd compilation soon. <BR> <BR>In order to license the tune properly i need to know who composed the tempo riddim originally &#40;i.e. who holds the composition rights today&#41;. <BR>The first tune on the riddim was "Tempo" by Anthony Red Rose. <BR> <BR>I have some hints so far but nothing certain. possibilities are: <BR> <BR>- Anthony Red Rose composed the riddim himself &#40;he is the only copyright owner mentioned on "The History of Jamaican Music" a 4CD Box Set released by Mango/Island, compiled & researched by Steve Barrow&#41; <BR> <BR>- Professor Phantom, Peego & Fatman &#40;mentioned on Firehouse Revolution, an album released on Pressure Sounds&#41; <BR> <BR>- Arlene Ruddock the daughter of King Tubby &#40;Osborne Ruddock&#41; who ran the studio after Tubby's untimely death. <BR> <BR>thanks a lot in advance for any hints!

Downpressor

Post by Downpressor » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:27 am

oh man I dont envy your task! Finding the owner of a jamaican copyright is not easy, but &#42;most likely&#42; its going to be the "producer" of the song rather than any of the musicians, performers or studio staff. This gets more complicated by the fact that you want to license the underlying riddim rather than simply cover a performance over the riddim. <BR> <BR>Mango/Island licensed the track from someone or possibly own the master rights themselves. One possibility is to contact them and pray you get some kind soul who would help you track down the info. The other is to try an agency like Harry Fox which deals in various rights. I'm sure there is some European equivalent but I dont know the name. Best of luck on that!

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:56 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:18 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:37 pm

DELETED