DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> LIVE DUBBING
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apirk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

Hello.

I'm a beginner from Thailand. And I have decided to buy an echo/delay effect for live dubbing.

In my home town got Yamaha E1010 and Roland RE-200. But I have trouble to decide witch one I shall buy , Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ?

thanks , respects

APIRAK
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

The RE-200 is a very rare early model produced for only one year. if it is in good shape it will be ok. but you must be aware that you need to replace the tape from time to time. replacement tapes are very hard to find so you will probably have to make them yourself.

the e1010 is an analog delay so it's more reliable but has a different sound. i never tried it so i can't give details.
APIRAK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

Thank you very much for info , Interruptor

I will try and check them again.

Thanks again.

APIRAK
Tak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

Hello. Mr. interruptor,It would be helpfull if you could tell me how difference in sound and some detail between Roland RE-200 and RE-201. I would really like to know. thank
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

found this at gearslutz:
Basicly, the RE 200 is a RE 201 with different buttons, different VU meter and a shorter tape loop. It has the excact same functions, same (5) amount of playback / erase / record heads. The 200 has, though, got at stand by switch, not found on the RE201.

so it seems this is a very similar unit functionally. as i understand the standby switch will switch off the motor so that you can use the spring reverb alone without having the tape running for nothing.

front

inside
Tak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

Thank you very much mr.interruptor,I've got this unit about 3 day ago,all the function are work fine,i really like it's reverb,I ran my guitar track thru it and it sound so warm and beautyful. The echo sound also warm and good.I really like that echo release. Thanks again.
Tak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

Can i use ordinary tape head liquit cleaner to clean the five RE200 tape heads ? I've got one Philips cassette deck cleaner but i'm not sure if i can use it to clean the RE200.Could you tell ? please.
interruptor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

i don't think this would cause a problem. i always clean tape heads using alcohol. there is no need for a brand name cleaner as far as i know.
Tak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

Thank you very much mr.handyman.
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Yamaha E1010 or Roland RE-200 ? Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> LIVE DUBBING All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: