Rainer Ptacek loop device : wich tape echo ?

Moderator: interruptor

vleb

Post by vleb » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:36 pm

I'm a big fan of late Rainer Ptacek, a "bluesman" who was playing on a National guitar with a "vintage tape delay echo blue box", and I was wondering what it could be...The main info is that he used that since the 80's &#40;at least..&#41;, and that he could achieve 1-2 second loops, stop, play again the same loop, overdubbing it... <BR>Ask that to Watkins Music, and Mr.Charlie Watkins answered "I don't think that would be a Copicat - which always used a fixed 10.5 inch fixed loop. And the only blue ones we made were 1958 and would have been difficult to modify. We did make a transistor model with endless cassette and play back and dubbing facilities but it was a disaster and I dropped it after making about 50.". <BR>Ani idea/info appreciated...

Nematod

Post by Nematod » Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:17 pm

There are a no. of models that can do endless play and overdubs , eg. Simms Watts Echo Deck , Watkins Halle Cat &#40;thats a mixer though&#41; and the higher versions of the stage echos and space echos , i think. <BR> If its very old , it might be an Echoplex , but im not fully sure if they had these faetures or not. You may want to have a look at the specs for the klemt echolette alos , as theat may also do it. <BR> Peace , nem.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:14 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:10 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:38 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:41 am

DELETED