Threshold Dub - listen and review

Moderator: interruptor

Dub Shadowrunner

Post by Dub Shadowrunner » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:48 pm

To board regulars and everyone else: <BR> <BR>Please listen to my dub, at <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.archive.org/details-db.php?m ... resholdDub" target="_blank">http://www.archive.org/details-db.php?m ... wrunnerThr esholdDub</a> <BR> <BR>and give feedback on this message board. <BR> <BR>One Love, <BR> <BR>Dub Shadowrunner &#40;<a href="mailto:shadowrunner@fsmail.net">shadowrunner@fsmail.net</a>&#41;

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:35 pm

That certainly is fat and warm. <BR>I think there needed to be a change at 1:14 - thats where it felt it needed a difference. Once it started it did the same thing all the way through. <BR> <BR>So nice heavyweight production, but a little more structure or hook would be my feeling. <BR> <BR>The sound might be exactly what you want, but I would suggest trying a bit more eq on the elements so you don't get frequency clashing &#40;elements competing for the same frequency space&#41; and muddiness. And maybe there is a little too much compression - but perhaps you are concious of all this and this is what you are aiming for. <BR>But the mix does work for me. Good sound.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:26 pm

heavyweight for sure! and there is a lot of small variations that make it sound alive although it's all digitally produced. as neil mentioned something like a hook might help the unexpecting listener to get into it. i feel it gets better with every listen though :-&#41; <BR>did you try to play that on a big sound system? i fear the bassline could get swallowed completely by the booming..

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:36 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:54 am

DELETED