DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone can guide me to LOFI-BEATS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : DRUMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ion5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: anyone can guide me to LOFI-BEATS? Reply with quote

ay bredrins
can u please help me out with this!?

i try to get those kinda spitting-unclean effect for snare/snaredrum/basedrum/HH etc....

its not a uncommon ting, i heared it in various uk steppas producions as well as in various hip-hop stuff and so on

the user of this board KOCHA also archived that particular sound in the 2. tune on his player "unfreeze dub"
http://www.almighty-dub.com/

hope ur cool with me posting the link for reference to my question

okay, what i have here is the Retroverb as spring reverb and a tube limiter (spl charisma2) so i thought it should work by sending strong input in the reverb and give it some DRIVE at the SPL charisma, but cant archive what i am lookin for

i am sure u guys know how to do it, and would do me a big favor in sharing that knwoledge (like in the old manner of this board Smile )

interruptor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spring reverb + overdrive sounds like the right way to go. maybe if you could make available a soundbyte somewhere that would help to give hints.

do you have a vermona retroverb? Shocked
ion5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi daniel
yes got one and pretty fine and crazy unit no question, but cant archieve that what i am asking here out of it...
(i ll try to write u some review bout the vermona concerning dub)

so for the kinda lo-fi spitting beats... i dunno what u mean wit a soundbyte? as example? hmmmm dont get me wrong i never think of or dare to imitate any-one, but the spitting beat in that 2. tune in KOCHA`s player is exactly what i am talkin about, not to hear in the other tunes of the player...

i also hear it often in harder steppers ..like iration,disciples ....

on another board i was told it could be also bout tape-compression but tahn on the other hand that a reel to reel wont do wonders where the input song isnt to 90% allready massive

so really nice would be if kocha could say sth bout how he did that one : )

i ve various ideas in my head like using an old transisot-radio in picking up the speakers ( i think also mentione here allready)

but i fear i wont be seriously and more chaotic... anyway will try and try but input very welcome

peace
interruptor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh sorry.. i meant: if you could upload a small mp3 file of what you have achieved so far it might be possible to give some hints on how you could get get closer to kocha's example!

Ganjabounce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : DRUMS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: