how to buid a dub siren box

Moderator: interruptor

bmakrcrds

how to buid a dub siren box

Post by bmakrcrds » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:13 am

some body can help with the instuctions and Electronic charts to showm how to create a dub siren with all effects???

im from mexico city and i want to build my own dub siren box, please help meeeeeeee, thanks

bless
REGGAE DUB

Dub Attack Force

Post by Dub Attack Force » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi mate. I assume you mean this one:

http://www.interruptor.ch/sirenschematic.doc

I find that siren interesting too, but I'm not going to build one as I have other projects. Anyway, I think the best way is to identify, source and collect all the components together first and lay them out, then think about building from the schematic.

I'm not sure what your level of knowledge is, so please don't take this as condescending if it's baby stuff to you. You might want to use perforated breadboard or a block of wood or point-to-point connections like the guy in the video who built it. If you have no experience of soldering then do a bit of practice before building your thing. Remember you use the iron to heat the surfaces, not the flux. The flux finds its own way around 2 hot surfaces. If you leave the soldering iron heating for too long, you will destroy the components.

So, to sum up, make sure you have all your gear together in a well-ventilated place, laid out on a work desk. Eyeball the circuit diagram so that you have a clear idea of what goes where, before you start.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

bmakrcrds

Post by bmakrcrds » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:13 pm

and what about with the games chip to produce the sounds as sirens or lassers??

you have one diagram in spanish,???

or some video that show how to build one siren, thanks
REGGAE DUB

Dub Attack Force

Post by Dub Attack Force » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:37 pm

bmakrcrds wrote:and what about with the games chip to produce the sounds as sirens or lassers??

you have one diagram in spanish,???

or some video that show how to build one siren, thanks
Sorry I don't know of any Spanish instructional on how to build a siren.

I do know a couple of chips that can easily produce siren and laser sounds, but I'm zipping it on that subject for now. Hope you find what you need. Think creative.

All the best,

D.A.F.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:03 am

- i agree to the above comment. if you are new to building electronics it's very advisable to find somebody with experience in electronics to assist you. even if you had a step by step tutorial on how to assemble a dub siren it is still likely that that it will not work immediately. so you need some analysis skills and the proper equipment to locate the bug in the circuit and fix it.
- regarding the translation: there are online translation tools which could help you. see http://www.google.com/language_tools
these will not generate perfect translations but usually the result is good enough to understand what is meant.

good luck!

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:32 pm

You don't need advanced skill but your going to loose a large amount of time trying sorting mistake for sure...

But if you want to get one ready to use, check Jah Tubby's one :
http://www.jahtubbys.co.uk/effects2.html
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting