got one finaly, need a startup

Moderator: interruptor

ion5

got one finaly, need a startup

Post by ion5 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:19 am

i am not sure and dont wanna take a risk....

i ve got a converter up to 50 WATT here made for switch US/EU power
will that thing be fine or need mr. fisher more power?

how do i set it correctly up? the seller left two RCA cables wich are
on the same fied like TO INPUT / TO OUTPUT !?
do these two gotta go into the spring tank?

or in other wordsm hows the chain, where exactly do i go in/ further to tank, back to amp??? and out of unit?

any recomendation for fixing the spring tank? i wanna screw the amp in on top of the devices in my rack, so i thought i would put the tank above and screw it in the wood, so the screw would go up and the whole tank is closed that way...

sorry i couldnt translate bettah what i mean

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:12 am

Hi!

There are different ways to set the thing up. I propose you read through the manual which is quite helpful. It's online right here:
http://www.interruptor.ch/images/spacex_gal/index.htm

50 Watt is enough supply power.

If you install the spring tank vertically you will have a longer delay time. I did not fix the tank at all so that I can adjust it for minimal noise when recording.

happy dubbing.. :lion:

ion5

Post by ion5 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 pm

okaiiiii everting iz runnin and i love dat clash !!!!

i just dunno if its correct i am going mono to mixing desk.. should i go stereo?

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:06 pm

There is no reason to use a stereo connection to the mixing desk as the reverb signal itself is mono. The Spacexpander was designed in a way so that it's possible to use it together with a home hifi system. That's why it has stereo connections: You could connect it between pre-amp and power-amp. In that case you actually add mono reverb to the stereo input signal and pass the processed stero signal on to the power amp. This however is not what you want when using the Spacexpander as a send effect. So don't worry about the mono connection..

ion5

Post by ion5 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:17 pm

how exactly to do the damping? i dont wana destroy it

just a piece of cotton somewhere into one of the springs???? just between the wire !???

can i maybe use suppn else? a piece of paper?

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:44 pm

- Use your sequencer to send a snare hit to the reverb repeatedly. This way you have two hands free for the reverb.
- Then gently place your finger on one or both of the springs and listen how this changes the reverb sound. The sound will be grainier / springier / more metallic if only one of the springs can resonate freely.
- If you decide to use the sound of one single spring take a lace or piece of cord and mute the other spring as follows: Tie one end of the lace around the spring. Then tie the other end to another object (e.g. the frame) with slight tension.