Melos Tape Echo

Moderator: interruptor

Jack

Melos Tape Echo

Post by Jack » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:57 pm

>> hey guys, <BR> <BR>looks as i'm in the same boat as you guys. i could do with a new cartridge for the Melos unit that i picked up from a car boot sale for £10. <BR> <BR>theres a guy on Ebay selling 2 cartridges starting at £30... thats all i can find tho. a HOW TO on making your own loop would be great

tapeloops

Post by tapeloops » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi there, if anyone is still looking for a replacement cartridge (Melos or Univox), i have three of them left (brandnew).

Also possible is that i rewind your old cartridge with new tape, i work on those cartridges for more then 5 years and i have rewind more than 150 cartridges for users all over the world.

When i get the old cartridges (Apollon HD-5000) i will examine the whole thing, clean it, rewind it with unused BASF ferro, replace the feltpads that hold the tape against the erase and recording heads, they are in most times totally worn out, that is the reason that your sound is so bad, even if the tape inside was still useable. Tape of 30 years or more is mostly NOT useable anymore.

Depending on shipping distance you will have your cartridge back in ten days.

Give me a PM if you think i can be of eny help...