DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

get RME from germany they are extremly HQ and best prices!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOUNDCARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ion5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: get RME from germany they are extremly HQ and best prices!! Reply with quote

no spam, i can tell i have the second one of dem now.. MULTIFACE with HQ converters low-latency and 8 analog IN/OUT

my absolute recomendation... higher would be buisness-studio
Neil C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RME interfaces are long established as having a high quality reputation.
Haven't used one myself though.
I've seen a lot of people recommending the Fireface 400.

A multiface system isn't at the low end of the interface price scale though - I think with PCie card it's around 700.
ion5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no bro
i got my multiface including the pci card (same goes for the laptop card instead of pci)

for 360,- euro ...of course used.. would never buy sth like dat new.... no way... and RME holds..no plastic Smile

just check ebay.de (germany) and get one used ..many ppl ship outside and u can buy it there for maximum of 400,- euro including one of the connections for PC or laptop (mac)

i anyway have to admit that i dont think one could easily hear out the difference of the good converters to lets say a cheap terratec. but in the end its good to know u have HQ recorded material for further steps!

but its chillin to have only analog out/IN too... now i simply got me a used quiete cheap (marian) ADAT interface with another 8 out/in ..and voila the mixing can take place!

fuck i ve to admit without the civic duty i couldnt have efford to morph into 50:50 HW-producing from totaly virtual Cool
Neil C

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like quite a bargain.
I guess PCI soundcards and card based systems second hand and remaining stock are going to be cheaper now that PCIe is in ascendance.
If one has a MacPro then PCI is not an option.
ion5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fi mac-headz
http://cgi.ebay.de/RME-Hammerfall-Multiface-PCMCIA-Karte-inkl-Koffer_W0QQitemZ110198552364QQihZ001QQcategoryZ139092QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
overstand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: RME fireface Reply with quote

The RME gear is great no doubt. I have used the Fireface a lot. It has good preamps, good A/D conversion and is very stable. It also has a nice feature that all the controls for the card can be controlled through a software interface. Very easy to set up and use.. to be recommended.. bit pricey but you get what you pay for !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOUNDCARDS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: