get RME from germany they are extremly HQ and best prices!!

Moderator: interruptor

ion5

get RME from germany they are extremly HQ and best prices!!

Post by ion5 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:48 pm

no spam, i can tell i have the second one of dem now.. MULTIFACE with HQ converters low-latency and 8 analog IN/OUT

my absolute recomendation... higher would be buisness-studio

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:03 pm

RME interfaces are long established as having a high quality reputation.
Haven't used one myself though.
I've seen a lot of people recommending the Fireface 400.

A multiface system isn't at the low end of the interface price scale though - I think with PCie card it's around £700.

ion5

Post by ion5 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:14 pm

no bro
i got my multiface including the pci card (same goes for the laptop card instead of pci)

for 360,- euro ...of course used.. would never buy sth like dat new.... no way... and RME holds..no plastic :)

just check ebay.de (germany) and get one used ..many ppl ship outside and u can buy it there for maximum of 400,- euro including one of the connections for PC or laptop (mac)

i anyway have to admit that i dont think one could easily hear out the difference of the good converters to lets say a cheap terratec. but in the end its good to know u have HQ recorded material for further steps!

but its chillin to have only analog out/IN too... now i simply got me a used quiete cheap (marian) ADAT interface with another 8 out/in ..and voila the mixing can take place!

fuck i ve to admit without the civic duty i couldnt have efford to morph into 50:50 HW-producing from totaly virtual 8-)

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:03 pm

That sounds like quite a bargain.
I guess PCI soundcards and card based systems second hand and remaining stock are going to be cheaper now that PCIe is in ascendance.
If one has a MacPro then PCI is not an option.

ion5

Post by ion5 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:36 pm

overstand

RME fireface

Post by overstand » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 pm

The RME gear is great no doubt. I have used the Fireface a lot. It has good preamps, good A/D conversion and is very stable. It also has a nice feature that all the controls for the card can be controlled through a software interface. Very easy to set up and use.. to be recommended.. bit pricey but you get what you pay for !