Feedback needed

Moderator: interruptor

rgfin

Feedback needed

Post by rgfin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:28 am

Hi Guys

i work for the website www.nottsdub.co.uk, we are a Nottingham based reggae and dub site. We are small website dedicated to reggae & dub music.

Can i add a link from our site to your website page?

Please feel free to visit us and tell us what you think of our site. We are still developing the site and need feedback. www.nottsdub.co.uk

Peace, Love, Unity

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:55 am

Hi,
You can't scroll down the text boxes on the home page - there's text there that one can't get to at the moment.
And I guess you know but the gallery section doesn't have working links.

Good luck with it.

rgfin

Post by rgfin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:18 am

Which text boxes are you talking about? If its on the home page i think ive just fixed the problem. its because i use firefox and not internet ex when i preview the pages.

Im currently working on the gallery section, should be up and running in a couple of days.

thanks
Peace, Love, Unity

JahNice

Cool

Post by JahNice » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:53 am

Hi, i like it the design of your site. nice colours and the wood-fence background gives it kind of an outdoors feeling, but still many things can be improved. IMO it could be a little bit more plain.. also when i click on tutorials there apear only some links. but i m sure u gonna fix that soon. what kind of tutorials are you going to put there?
greetings

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:53 am

That's a beautyfully laid out site. Nice graphics, color schemes et al..

Be careful when publishing pictures and other content which you did not create yourself. You might be facing unfriendly emails from the copy-right holders.

I didn't know the Natural Ites are from Nottingham. Their album "Picture on the Wall" is one of my all-time favourite british Records (alongside the inevitable Steel Pulse and Mad Prof. material). I am still looking for their version of "I wish it would rain" - taped it from the radio in the eighties and still remembering that tune.

rgfin

Post by rgfin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:37 am

Jahnice - Thanks for the feedback.

The tutorials will be on music production and anything related to Roots & Culture. There will be a section for Ital food, Media production etc... Do you have any requests?

Interruptor - Thanks for the feedback

Ive been asking people if i can use their images, videos etc... I should ask you really, Is it ok if i use your kingston vibrations image on the links section? i will take it down if its not ok - http://www.nottsdub.co.uk/links/

Yes The Natural Ites where based in Nottingham, i will try and hunt down "I wish it would rain" for you. Percy Dread who was a singer in the band is my girlfriends uncle. I will ask him for a copy if he has one.

Peace, Love, Unity

JahNice

Post by JahNice » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:13 pm

interruptor wrote:
I didn't know the Natural Ites are from Nottingham. Their album "Picture on the Wall" is one of my all-time favourite british Records

Oh yes what a great album and what a great tune.. i heard it 4 the first time when i was 12 in '97 and i remember driving my aunt crazy with this tune.. all day long it was like : ''in my house there is a picture pon de wall rastafari sit up pon his throne'' full volume on my little ghetto-blaster.. and i was just dancin and getting high from this joyfull sounds.. just beautyful memories :lol: ...

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:22 pm

rgfin wrote:Which text boxes are you talking about? If its on the home page i think ive just fixed the problem. its because i use firefox and not internet ex when i preview the pages.
The 'Welcome to Notts Dub' and 'No Borders Nottingham is a local run ...' sections - there is text that goes below the bottom of the box that you can't get to. I'm using Internet Explorer 8.
Just looking in FF - that second text box has different content looking in Firefox compared to IE.

rgfin

Post by rgfin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Here is the video for "Picture on the wall" & upside downside by Percy Dread.

Both records are great!!!

http://www.nottsdub.co.uk/music/percydread/

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:45 pm

rgfin wrote:Jahnice - Thanks for the feedback.
Ive been asking people if i can use their images, videos etc... I should ask you really, Is it ok if i use your kingston vibrations image on the links section? i will take it down if its not ok - http://www.nottsdub.co.uk/links/
It was just a general remark, because there are pictures on your gallery page which I saw elsewhere already. You can use that kingston vibration pic of mine on your links page of course.
rgfin wrote: i will try and hunt down "I wish it would rain" for you. Percy Dread who was a singer in the band is my girlfriends uncle. I will ask him for a copy if he has one.
Now that would be too nice! If in fact he still had a copy I wouldn't be surprised If he prefered to sell it on ebay. I just checked and realised that the few Natural Ites recordings that are available are sold at rather outrageous prices. I am surprised that this great music was never released on CD. (hint.. hint.. :madgrin:) Anyway let him know that his music has been heard and appreciated in Switzerland too. As there was no internet and hardly a local reggae scene at the time my only way of hearing the latest sounds was a monthly radio show which I taped almost religiously. The Natural Ites tunes were always standout tracks for me and I looked for their records locally for years to no avail. Finally I found the "Picture on the wall" album by coincidence on a london market.

rgfin

Post by rgfin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:50 pm

One Love,

Lenroy Guiste; who was the Bass player in The Natural Ites (an amazing uk Roots group from the 80's - picture on the wall, Lion inna jungle...) is about to drop an amazing new solo album soon. I’ve created his website for him and would welcome your feedback on his music and my site design.

Is it user friendly? does it look ok?

He has recorded some really nice tracks and there is also some music and information on there about The Natural Ites.

www.lenroyguiste.co.uk