USB MIDI KEYBOARD THROUGH 1010LT AUDIO INTERFACE?

Moderator: interruptor

littlewing

USB MIDI KEYBOARD THROUGH 1010LT AUDIO INTERFACE?

Post by littlewing » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 am

Can i put a midi keyboard through the 1010LT MAudio PCI
And use the VSTs in cubase so it can be my keyboard and drums..?

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:37 am

Yes!

It should just be a matter of connecting your MIDI out on your keyboard to the MIDI in on the 1010 break out cable, make any necessary set up in Cubase and away you go.
You can then trigger any VST instrument with your keyboard.

littlewing

Post by littlewing » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:54 am

Thankyou!

I am thinking of the following setup.

Playing my guitar, MIDI keyboard through the Maudio 1010LT into my Macbook.

Then sending this out to my mixer with reverb and delay aux hook ups.

Ive seen pictures of the 1010LT but dont understand how this hooks up to my Macbook/ guitar?

Any help? :D

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Does you Macbook have a PCI slot?
I would have thought it doesn't in which case you can't use the 1010 card with it because the 1010 card will only connect into a PCI slot (which will be found on PCs and some older Mac desktops). But if it does...

... you stick the 1010 into the PCI slot and the breakout cables provide your connectors. The MIDI in and out are those 2 smaller black connectors. The analogue in and outs are on phono/ RCA connectors and 2 XLR connectors.
You can't directly connect a guitar to the interface and as such I would advise you to look at something else. The line level outputs such as from a keyboard or drum module would go into the RCAs either wih an RCA to RCA lead or jack to RCA lead.

For the same sort of price as the 1010 you could get something like the M-Audio Firewire Solo if you have firewire on your Macbook, (although that while having the type of connections you need will not I think have enough outs for separate feeds for two effect channels and also a main mix)

It would be a help if you could say what model of Macbook you have.