Dub from Hawaii

Moderator: interruptor

HI-Vibes Soundsystem

Dub from Hawaii

Post by HI-Vibes Soundsystem » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:46 am

Hello this is Jordan from HI-Vibes Soundsystem. I live on Oahu, Hawaii in the Pacific Ocean. I have always been a lover of roots music but just recently started to really appreciate dub music, this site has really inspired me. I have also been teaching myself how to record and produce music on the computer, and this is one of the songs I made with it, using Logic 8. Its just simple computer stuff but I hope to start recording live instruments and add analog equipment as funds allow. In the future I hope for the HI-Vibes soundsystem to grow and collaborate with the wealth of island artists around here and spread our islands music around the world, and this is the start.
so let me know what you think, love it, hate it, whatever. I'll be posting more songs as they come.

http://soundcloud.com/hi-vibes-soundsystem/analog-dub

much love
Roots from the 808. Vibes around the world.

Subsong

Post by Subsong » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:40 am

Well......I like. Give me more.

JahNice

Post by JahNice » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Nice one.. some more drum and bass parts and some delay here and there on the skanks could do good to this track.. keep up the good work

HI-Vibes Soundsystem

new version!!

Post by HI-Vibes Soundsystem » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:25 pm

I cant stop messing with this song, I gotta start working on other tracks, but i really love this one. I added a whole new section with some more dubbed out mixing and some dubstep inspired tweeking, tried to smooth out the eq and mix to make everything come together better. is there too much bass or not enough??? sorry I never really added delays yet Ill use em on my next song, i gotta move on from this one.

heres the link http://soundcloud.com/hi-vibes-soundsystem/analog-dub
Roots from the 808. Vibes around the world.