How 2 create a dub sirene from Reason synth & FXs ?

Moderator: interruptor

yvo2000

Post by yvo2000 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:52 pm

Hi everyone Reason users out there... Have you tried or heard the great dub siren plug-in from the Interruptor avalible on this site ? <BR> <BR>I think we should be able with the right imagination to customize one for Reason for those of us who don't use VST plugs. I've tried to make my own and I've found some amazing result. How you guys would make it ? Whith what kind of synth presets, what wave form to start, and which one for LFO ? What kind of trix 2 make your output tape delay sounds real ? Do you use da wheel to make it go like a siren ? <BR> <BR>Let's share !!!!

Syncro

Post by Syncro » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:39 am

Hello Yvo2000, <BR> <BR> I don&acute;t use Reason, but as I tried to create some dub siren sownd in Logic maybe it could help you... <BR> <BR>1. take some synth which is able to generate square wave. Set the envelope to very short attack, infinite decay, maximum sustain and very short release to prevent cracking. No velocity response... <BR> <BR>2. set the LFO to desired rate, wave should be sine or triangle and apply LFO to pitch. <BR> <BR>3. route the signal from your "virtual siren" to delay. Don&acute;t know if there is any suitable tape delay model in Reason, but you can easily set your own &#40;will be described&#41;. The delay part is crucial to authentic sownd... <BR> <BR>4. you can distort the signal of your siren a bit, preferably with some overdrive model. <BR> <BR>5. as for tape delay model - the basics are frequency response and saturation in feedback path. You can emulate it by setting the original delay feedback to very short &#40;just one echo is enough&#41; and routing the output of delay back to mixer. There You can control the feedback through Aux on one. Equalize the return a bit in a way you like, obviously enhance mids and cut a bit of bass and lot of highs. Insert overdrive to your feedback path to get some saturation... Experiment a bit with sending the part of the delay output to some "spring-like" type of reverb and you can get the most of it to come close to the real thing... <BR> <BR>Hope it helps... <BR> <BR>One love, Syncro at GunJah Rec. <BR><A HREF="http://www.gunjah.cz" TARGET="_top">http://www.gunjah.cz</A>

yvo2000

Post by yvo2000 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:26 am

I'm gonna try your point no. 5 <BR> <BR>Thanks for givin' me an answer !

Klaus5

Post by Klaus5 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:49 pm

hi there yvo2000, i am a beginner to Reason. I dont understand how exactly i could create a dub siren. Please could you give me a few pointers?

Thanks for the tips on delay Syncro. Ive now made a much better/realistic sounding delay by routing the signal back through the return rather than using the reason delay unit's built in feedback. So there is much better distortion which increases with each repeat and it just sounds generally a bit "less digital". :)

TimeTraveller

Post by TimeTraveller » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Nice advice.. I did experiment now with novation v-station. Cool topic wish there would be more like this.. Peace :-)

neytal

Post by neytal » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 am

re symcro, point five is really good advice. never thought of it. thank you
Using Ableton Live, recording by midi keyboard Roland Edirol, using live bass guitar, melodica.
I own Soundcraft Spirit Studio 16 Chanel mix and effects sotcha Zoom reverbs, Alesis Midiverb, half rack Boss Delays and Vintage time machine

Zutao Premium Dub

Post by Zutao Premium Dub » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Here's the Zutao Siren v1.0 for Reason.

https://www.box.com/s/eqp4ixuo986m2b4tj9zr

The main controls are:

1) LFO speed;
2) Tape delay;
3) Band pass;
4) Decay;
5) Noise;
6) Sticky;
7) Stretch up;
8. Ring modulation.

There is also a pitch bend wheel. I suggest you assign the main controls of this patch to a MIDI controller. Failing that, you will have to use a mouse.

Feel free to download and use this in your projects. The overall sound is similar to interruptor's VST I think, or at least it can be if you want it to be. I personally don't use Reason any more but some of the most interesting new synthy dub I've heard recently is made with Reason or similar software. If you make something with this I would love to hear it.