DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

great idea!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> OTHER GENERAL DUB TOPICS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crunka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: great idea! Reply with quote

i think this board is a great idea. i've been into dub music for a while now and had many questions on how to create my own dub songs. i play the bass and my style was heavily influenced by dub, even though i play in a rock/experimental band.

just wanted to say that this is great, sadly, it's not too active.
interruptor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The board has been closed for over a year and reopened recently. Before there were more regular users around. However there were always times of low activity. When I started the board around 8 years ago it took off quite quickly though. I guess since then the Internet has expanded faster than the amount of online dub heads.. Think
KoCha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, activity are going to grow each month i thought, this is really the place to talk about all technical aspect of dub-music.

Much respect to Interruptor to had re-open it, it's hard to find good technical resources about dub on the web !

KEEP ON DUBBING !
crunka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, now that i have the chance...

KoCha, you're one of my favorite dub producers. a year ago, when i started getting into dub music, after listening to a few agustus pablo songs from the itunes radio reggae thing, i browsed for other dub music and thankfully, your site came up. i've been a fan ever since. i want to make music like you, i just have to find out how, lol.

but yeah, you're an inspiration.
Blaminack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with this great site, you should also add Versionist to your list for learning. As well as Kocha's Open Dub Foundation. Power to the Dub!
KoCha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunka wrote:
also, now that i have the chance...

KoCha, you're one of my favorite dub producers. a year ago, when i started getting into dub music, after listening to a few agustus pablo songs from the itunes radio reggae thing, i browsed for other dub music and thankfully, your site came up. i've been a fan ever since. i want to make music like you, i just have to find out how, lol.

but yeah, you're an inspiration.

Greetings Crunka,

It's really an enormous pleasure for me to read message like that, I started doing music 6 years ago using this board.

And it's beautifully to get a feedback like that on this same board ! Many Many Many thanks, really appreciate ! Smile

You are on the best place to learn dub-music, near all knowledge I have come from article here.

Would be a pleasure to help you breddra don't hesitate to ask any question, and as blam say I run a website where you can get some of my tune with spitted tracks, enabling you to do some dub-music without need of composing, can be nice for training :
http://open.reggae-dub.com

Don't hesitate to download some projects and made remix, would be a pleasure to hear you !

Cool

Blaminack wrote:
Along with this great site, you should also add Versionist to your list for learning. As well as Kocha's Open Dub Foundation. Power to the Dub!

Respect me breddra !
I can add too they must check your beautiful nyabinghi drum Wink

I hope Versionist gonna still be what it is today... some hot debate right now.

Big Up to you Blam.
GuitarplayainMD

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I used to hang around here alot.
Neil C

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes more active it did used to be - there were new posts most days.
Hopefully it will pick up again - it's the only forum like this, the Versionist dub section has never been as active as this once was.
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If somebody wonders why I have been particularly inactive during this month: I was on vacation in some hot place (see below). But now I am back..

machala.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.18 KB
 Viewed:  11014 Time(s)

machala.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> OTHER GENERAL DUB TOPICS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: