Boring Dub

Moderator: interruptor

Sultan Of Fedaayin

Boring Dub

Post by Sultan Of Fedaayin » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:40 pm

This track is called 'Boring Dub'. ;)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/3/1 ... boring.ogg

Made for a friend who's fond of 'Tedious' by Junior Murvin.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi!..

It's nice you have a lot of subtle variations in your playing. Given the fact that the track is over 4 minutes long I feel some more development over time would benefit the tune. Like some inventive echoeing comin in after a while. Also a voice or instrumental lead fragment here and there would help to give the track "a face". I never heard the original by Junior Murvin though so I may be missing the point completely.. :think:

Sultan Of Fedaayin

Post by Sultan Of Fedaayin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

interruptor wrote:Hi!..

It's nice you have a lot of subtle variations in your playing. Given the fact that the track is over 4 minutes long I feel some more development over time would benefit the tune. Like some inventive echoeing comin in after a while. Also a voice or instrumental lead fragment here and there would help to give the track "a face". I never heard the original by Junior Murvin though so I may be missing the point completely.. :think:
:) Thanks man. I posted it here to get some feedback. I highly recommend that you listen to the original 'Tedious' recorded in Black Ark. I shall PM you... You must listen to it because it's a very important track in the history of reggae, due to the rhythm. In the meantime I'll make another version of this track in the light of your comments. Thanks again,

Sultan of Kunai

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:10 am

Ok, I heard the original tune in the mean time. Nice one.. But why do you say it is a particularly important tune in Reggae history? I don't think that this riddim has been covered very often.

Sultan Of Fedaayin

Post by Sultan Of Fedaayin » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:11 pm

Indeed, and yet this tune is an exemplary introduction to the Lee Perry 'rockers' style. It is also special and important just because it was produced at Black Ark. It's a masterpiece. The rhythm and the way the bass and drums lock in together are far ahead of their time and are a bit more sophisticated than most reggae rhythms of the 70s.