DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dub sampled cd

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> SAMPLES / LOOPS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raqType

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:48 pm    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

What do y'all consider a good dub sample cd?
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:09 pm    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

First of all I have to say I don't have one, nor I think there is any out available which is really and completely great..., or maybe I don't know. I know there are couple pretty good reggae drums (loop and sample) CDs out, one of them produced by Sly Dunbar, which I actully am thinking to get some day, just to have it, I think BigFish Audio has this CD. Well these maybe very useful for dub productions.
In my mind, I think ideal (sort of speak) CD for dub would be a huge collection of hi-quality recorded variety of drum samples and percussions, accoustic and all the old drum-machines samples etc. And I want them dry (no-processing). Then I wish to have set of chords, chops, skanks (guitar and synth, organs and pianos). Some nice bass samples would be nice to. And this would be a CD-1. Second CD would contain a variety processed sounds, especially I wish to have some 'unique on typical' recordings of spring-reverbs and some samples going through some stage spekers and guitar cabs etc... Just stuff which you normally can not get in your basement studio, but I would not need any delays, digital-reverbs etc...., these maybe useless.
So it would be TWO-CD set. And yeah, I would like it as AUDIO-Format, no-preprogramed sample-programs CD-Roms... no way :)
Well, man, most stuff I am talking about can be found on variety of other sample-CDs, like hip-hop, vary drums CDs etc. The 'Loopzilla" series for example has allots of useful stuff for dub...

respects,

Mike Zee
zee dub lab

MZEntertainment.com
dubwisdom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 8:21 am    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

Be a chemist, not an element.

-g
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 8:45 pm    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

Yeah, man, you can be a chemist, seating in an empty lab in complete silence and slowly go mad ... he he he
You need to have a hammer ..at least, g

/mike zee

MZEntertainment.com
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Dub sampled cd Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> SAMPLES / LOOPS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: