Acoustic remix version of Stephen Marley's Mind Control

Moderator: interruptor

interruptor

Acoustic remix version of Stephen Marley's Mind Control

Post by interruptor » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Available as iTunes and Amazon downloads. It seems there is no CD release so far. Audio snippets of the original version and the acoustic remixes can be compared here:

Stephen Marley - Mind Control Accoustic
vs.
Stephen Marley - Mind Control

JahNice

such nice acoustic music only in digital format?

Post by JahNice » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks for the information, mr. interruptor..

Well, i listened to the samples of the acoustic versions and i must say i liked them very much.. the only thing that sounds a little bit
strange\unusual to my ears is the delay on the voice, on some tracks... but maybe i would get used to it if i would listen to the whole album 2-3 times..

But its just a pity that there is only mp3 relelease until now.. I would love to have this album in my collection, but i am not a big fan of buying mp3s.. I like to buy something i can see and can hold in my hands, not something i can put on my pc, that could get lost if my pc crashes,or if i get a virus, or if my hard drive stops working ect.. They could at least release a limited edition on vinyl.. That would be nice, and i think that they could sell it with stephen marleys name on the cover..

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:03 pm

I feel the same regarding dowloads and physical media. However I think downloads will replace CDs more and more - particularly in the case of less commercial music.
For smaller labels the costs of releasing actual CDSs and LPs can be prohibitive. Mad Professor's Ariwa label for example has a huge catalog of music released since the eighties. Many of his older albums are sold out on CD/LP but available trough iTunes.