DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cubase Vst 5.1 - Real Time Mixdown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOFTWARE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riot100

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Cubase Vst 5.1 - Real Time Mixdown Reply with quote

Hi All,

I asked these questions on a Cubase Forum and other forums but unfortunately had no replies. Really starting to scratch my head on this one. Any info here would be much appreciated.

Using Cubase VST 5.1, with Laptop OS = Windows 2000. M-Audio Duo (Audio two channel input)

1. In Cubase VST 5.1, is it possible to mixdown Audio tracks in "Real Time", as opposed to the usual 'Export Audio File' from the main file menu.

I have read in the forum, for newer versions of Cubase, that people have mentioned "...to make sure the Real Time Mixdown is checked...". I don't see that option in VST 5.1

Thanking You.

PS: I know there automation, but 'mixing down' to stereo a Dub Reggae track, I wondered about changing effect parameters in Real Time.
JahNice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: maybe this could help Reply with quote

Hi, i dont know if this is the answer to your question, but check it out:

An older user of DDB 'Kocha' has used a behringer bcr2000 to control
parameters of his DAW to do live dubbing. I have never done anything
like this but i think you could do the same thing to do your mixdown and
then just record from your soundcard outputs,directly back to your inputs
and capture the result on an stereo track.

Kocha post on DDB: http://www.interruptor.ch/Php5/dubboard/viewtopic.php?t=1048&highlight=kocha+behringer

kocha video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xp00ZTug2I&feature=related

Behringer bcr2000 info: http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_bcr_2000.htm

best regards
yiannis
chekka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: cubase Reply with quote

hey man you can use a controller such as the novation zero-sl it will use novations automap program to map the faders on the controller to the track faders in the cubase mixer.

you can also use automap to control each of your fx or plugin parameters using the knobs and faders on the controller.

use the write automation button and it will control all the movements of the knobs and faders

you have prob figured all this out by now tho!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOFTWARE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: