DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st Attempt at Dub Siren

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : DUB SIRENS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtabroad

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: 1st Attempt at Dub Siren Reply with quote

Hi all , heard great reports about the Dub Siren , ive downloaded the Schematic but can anyone point me in the right direction as to where Pin3 of U1 goes , it seems to be floating , is this correct or am i missing something.

http://www.interruptor.ch/sirenschematic.doc

Thanks in advance JT.
jtabroad

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaar its ok , after double checking n a lil scratching of the head i believe it goes nowhere..
Should have Dub Siren finished in a couple of days so will post back any good/bad findings that i come across
JahNice

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes jtabroad, welcome on this great dub knowledge planet in cyberspace,
called Dub Discussion Board.. Good luck with your siren project. Would be
cool if you could post a sample of your siren when its ready.. Just a mp3
or even a video would be great.. Cool

Peace
Gnarler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo it looks like your building the same dub siren I am having problems with Razz My problem is I think one of the 555's arent hooked up right, it only makes constant tone and 2 knobs dont change anything. Please tell me if you have problems, maybe we could work together. Cool
mini_scrubber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: U2 for Dub Siren Schematic Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new here, have been looking to make the dub siren posted on here. Can anyone help with what chip the U2 is? I'm assuming its a standard op-amp where the positive and negative pins match those of on the schematic?

If anyone could help that'd be wicked,

Also the +10V supply, could this be supplyed by a 9v battery instead of trying to look for a 10V one?

thanks for your time and any help is greately appreciated,

mini_scrubber
boyblunder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just finished building this dub siren, will post up some pics and maybe some samples when i'm back home. altogether a quite basic sounding device, just a squarewave i think, but a fun project.

i used a 9v battery with mine, works fine. for u2 i used a tip120 op-amp that i had lying around. and yes jtabroad, pin 3 on u1 goes nowhere.

only the frequency control was working for me at first but rechecking and fixing my mistakes sorted that out. try adjusting the pots which don't seem to do anything, it might just be changing the tone very slowly?
the depth control of my siren only does a semitone though.this could be altered by using different resistors in there perhaps.

peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : DUB SIRENS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: