DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with ableton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOFTWARE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Problem with ableton Reply with quote

hi everybod,i instaled ableton live 8 for dubing.and when im puttin the tracks to ableton when i press play there is some kind of delay.the bass is starting earlier and the piano late.then i putted the tracks in Cool edit pro and there was no mistake.then i uninstal ableton 8 and download and instaled ableton live 7 and there was the same problem,can somebody help me?
JahNice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the sample rate (in the project settings or options, i guess)! If the tracks are recorded in 48.0000 kHz and you import them into a 44.100 kHz project -for Example- there can be problems. But if this is the problem then it should not be only slower/faster but the pitch should be lower/higher also...
Samity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no man,i chek it but it still the same for example im putting guitar its ok,im putting the piano its ok but when i put the bass its not coincidence with the piano and guitar its starting earlier or late something like that,but when i put all the track its going some mess.and the interesting is that its just with 2-3 tracks,then one interesting thing is when i put them in cool edit pro they working without problems Sad
Klaus5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if this is silly/too obvious, but have you double checked each sound clip to make sure its starting at the right place. Sometimes it does some automatic tempo warping thing or sets it to start in the wrong place when you import new audio files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOFTWARE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: