the "FATTY" dub siren

Moderator: interruptor

ocoughi

the "FATTY" dub siren

Post by ocoughi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Greetings!
i just finished the FATTY...
same base as the "yellow DS" but added a CV in to control it with a sequencer, a release trimmer , new sounds founded (total 7)....
all components (resistors etc...) are vintage military ones....

sound and video soon....
DIY Powa!!

ocoughi

Post by ocoughi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Superb looking unit.
Looks like you could launch a torpedo with it.

ocoughi

Post by ocoughi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:30 pm

audio torpedos!!
for the story, we organized a festival called "riddim collision" in lyon last month in a "ready to destroy" industrial place in town. it's the place where they use to sell vegetables,fruts, fish,meat etc but only in big quantities for the supermarkets and else... a big,BIG place!! one day i took some tools and visit this phantom place with a friend...we found plenty of nice boxes of different style full of recent and also 30 years old components, resistors, switch, lights, knobs, circuits... all hardware and indestroyable components!!! we went mad there , i tell ya! i want to tell to the inventor of the electric screwdriver that he's a genius!!
this siren is 80% from this place....the 20% left are the IC ship, the board , 3 little switch and the batterie...
soon the bulldozers will destroy the place so i got to go back there before cause there's still lot of stuff to de-screwdrive inna the place!

JahNice

Post by JahNice » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Killer Siren Manu, looks great! Dont know bout the inventor of the electric
screwdriver, but you surely are a genius for building these extraordinary
machines from scratch! Hope that you find plenty more components in
that place so that you can build more wicked dub sirens! Looking forward
to hear and see it in action..

Respect

ocoughi

Post by ocoughi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:41 pm

so here is the last toys i built this year:

A phaser named "Carl", the sciefie movie fans will recognize why this name...
this phaser looks good but it's not what i expected from a good phaser for dubbing. he's not enough strong and bubblie. i must admit that phasers technologie is much more hard to learn than a basic dubsiren; but well, i'm still learning... i must try again on a BYOC kit one day...

ocoughi

Post by ocoughi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:45 pm

ocoughi

Post by ocoughi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm

impossible to put an image today...
so here is the link to the album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ocoughi_ak ... 439596385/

the orange box is another version of a crybaby wha.
the yellow is the 2nd modification of Dom's (high tone) yellow dubsiren.
and "heaty" is the last dubsiren i made. the faceplate is from an old industrial heater. This version has creazy siren sounds which are selected using a combination of two pots, i was bored by switch selectors.
i'm planning to build my own small serie of PCB of this model.

Peace

JahNice

Post by JahNice » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Good Works as usual! Did you build carl from a kit, or is it a modified
phaser? or did you built from schematic? the heaty looks very nice and the
orange wha also, hope to hear them in action soon! Are you going to be
selling some of these heatys when you make the PCBs?

what i really like when i see these pics is, how your "toys" look like real
heavy machinery, like they 're built for eternity. and the vintage touch and all them nice components. Great stuff, respect everytime!

peace

ocoughi

Post by ocoughi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:09 am

the phaser is this kit: http://www.tandy-electronique.com/effet ... p-866.html

i compared the shematics of this one with a lot of good phaser pedals and this one is very basic and is only 2 stages. i did a lot of tests with diferents caps and resistors but no way to make it sound "ruffer". more stages is the only solution i think.
i don't recomand this kit....

maybe these one are better, got to test them one day:

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/phaseroyal.html
http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/anal ... ER2007.php
anyone here made these?

about siren pcb's, i don't really want to sell them, but just share them..but at first i got to do them! i saw some infos on the web of the way you can build your own pcb's at home...i'll post some news about it when i got something...

as a vintage instruments lover, i want my toys to have this "indestructible touch". there was a time when things were built like a tank, built for life... electronic components are poluting africa because all the electronic stuff they sell is broken after one year... my humble contribution to stop this scandal is to build life guaranteed stuff with good quality second hand componants...

Peace...

SubTiel

Post by SubTiel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 am

I really, really, REALLY love this topic
~music is the most high~

JahNice

good stuff

Post by JahNice » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Agree with SubTiel 100%!
about siren pcb's, i don't really want to sell them, but just share them..but at first i got to do them! i saw some infos on the web of the way you can build your own pcb's at home...i'll post some news about it when i got something...

as a vintage instruments lover, i want my toys to have this "indestructible touch". there was a time when things were built like a tank, built for life... electronic components are poluting africa because all the electronic stuff they sell is broken after one year... my humble contribution to stop this scandal is to build life guaranteed stuff with good quality second hand componants...

^^Thats the right Spirit!!!
I say: Anti Bypass for President

:rejoice: :worship: :clap:

That MFOS phase shifter looks like the ultimate good shit! unfortunately for me i think its far out of my league. i guess i have to built some more easier stuff before i start messing with this kind of projects. Maybe someday...but for now i dont really need it anyway.. i like my morley phaser and i got 'nuff other things that i need to built first.. but it sure looks and sounds good....

:peace: