DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

starting an analogue studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> OTHER DUB PRODUCTION TOPICS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue eye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

KoCha.
What are you going to do with your mixing desk if you dont have anything to connect to it (effects, keybords,sampler etc.)?

/Blue eye
KoCha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

Hi Blue Eye,
I going to buy a multi I/O sound card with my mixing desk... so after i can play sample and do effect with the computer.

But i going to have perhaps a mixing desk with "Virtualizer" it's some effect inclued.
So after i can use any audio source to mix (cassette reader, computer, cd reader, walkman,.... i just need to record my track from the computer)

Jah Bless.

KoCha

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:54 pm    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

KoCha,
just a thought for you,
really, since you're going to 'invest' into analog mixing-desk, then it would just make perfect sense for you to also get couple of external effect boxes, you can score some pretty good effect-processors nowdays even if you just look for some used stuff and they are pretty 'cheap'.
You bassically need some delays and reverbs, and it will make a 'big improvement' for your dub-production. You still can use your computer/software-based DSP, but having multi-analog-outs and analog mixing-board and not to use on-the-fly dubbing-mixing technque would be a 'mistake' ..if I may say this.

well, good luck, what ever you do...

respects,
/Mike Zee
zee dub lab

MZEntertainment.com
KoCha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

Hi Mike Zee,
I know that and i want to have a real complete analog studio but i'have not lot of money... so i make my studio progressively.
I'm going to buy a Twin Tape deck with my mixing deck... and i have found a seller of old effect very cheap in lausanne (Switzerland)...

So i record my track on 2 deck (4 track) and after play-it thru my mixing desk with internal effect combined with external effect... and all enter to my computer to record it in Wav or Mp3 format...

I have found an article to construct they own Spring Reverb... i want to try this, i have nothing to lose... just time.

Thx for your info,
Jah Bless.

KoCha.

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting
interruptor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

This discussion started on the "Roots of Dub Funk 2" thread. Let's continue it here where it actually belongs!
Looter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

You're on the right track, KoCha. Just get some basic analog effects and add on as time passes and you decide what you really need.

I also want to build a spring reverb and have seen a few how-to guides floating around the web. Let us know how that turns out.

Kevin
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: starting an analogue studio Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> OTHER DUB PRODUCTION TOPICS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: