DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with H&H tape (fixed one).Any help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juanra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Problems with H&H tape (fixed one).Any help? Reply with quote

Hello

last week tecnical service finished with my unit , and put all parts of the spares kit . But it continues with a problem as tecnical service told me: when you start it the tape get wobbling.

do you know why it do that?

they dont know why.they ask me about a skecth o diagram of the unit to check if it has any parts in wrong?

have anyone a diagram o skecth on PDF and dont mind pass me to check what is wrong?

my model is the fixed one ( with 8 buttons).

thank you very much.

regards
HollowRootStudio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like a tape transport issue. I've never used an HH but there's I'm sure there's some kind of spring with felt that puts pressure on the tape (similar to echoplex) which helps keep the tape moving smoothly across the heads. If your unit is missing the spring & felt or if it's not applying good pressure then try fixing that up first.

Aside from that, new tape and light lube on the rollers would help too.

g'luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: