DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Potentiometer for Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB : FISHER K-10 SPACEXPANDER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yesus Dread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:45 am    Post subject: Potentiometer for Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb Reply with quote

Greetings,
i man wondering if anyone is familiar with the Fisher "Spacexpander" Spring Reverb Unit, and how to attach a potentiometer to it. The unit has a jack labeled "Control Cable Jack". i'm assuming that i could solder the potentiometer to a cord and run it into the jack and get flexability this way. i'm curious though, what connects to what as far as the 3 prongs on the potentiometer being soldered to ground and hot part of cord.

hmmmmm.
any reply is helpful...i give thanks.
Looter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Poetentiometer for Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb Reply with quote

Maybe the guy that's selling one on here will know...
Looter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Poetentiometer for Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb Reply with quote

Hey Daniel: You know anything about this control cable on the fisher?
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Poetentiometer for Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb Reply with quote

yes i do! will check and tell you right here..
interruptor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject: Poetentiometer for Fisher Spacexpander Spring Reverb Reply with quote

you need the following ingredients

- Stereo Headphone Jack plug
- A 250KOhm Potentiometer (250K is the figure I found in the user manual. When I measured the resistor on my own Spacexpander it was only 198K! Probably the resistor value shifted that far over the almost 40 years this unit is old now?)

- Use a 3 wire cable and connect as follows:
the sliding contact of the potentiometer goes to the tip contact of your plug. The two other pins of the potentiometer are connected to the ring contacts of the plug.

- The original Spacexpander control uses a potentiometer with an additional switch: If you pull-out the potentiometer knob, the sliding contact is shorted to the second ring of the plug. (The one which is further away from the tip) Thus the reverb is muted completely.
jakesta the gangsta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: building the potentiometer for the space expander Reply with quote

ok. the directions seem simple enough but, is it really that easy? does anyone have pictures of the finished product for viewing?
Is this a radio shack project or do i need to buy specific parts from niche electronics shops?
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is that easy. For your enjoyment I just took three pics of the original pot. See below..

spacex1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.19 KB
 Viewed:  18295 Time(s)

spacex1.jpg

spacex2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.2 KB

spacex2.jpg

spacex3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.71 KB

spacex3.jpg

overstand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone direct me to an example ( a track or two) of how the Fisher Space Expander sounds? I am intrigued !
mpampouras

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to everyone!
I am new here, and writing cause i got a problem with my k-10.
I bought it off ebay in a pretty good condition.
Of course it had NO control potensiometer, so i ordered one from fisher.
Problem is, that they sent me only the knob...(i thought they were selling it together with the cable..)

SO

As i am not good at electronics at all, maybe someone here will be able to fix me a control cable for my k-10, if i provide him with the new potensiometer.? At a given price of course..

You can contact me at: goena88 at gmail dot com for that.

I d appreciate any help, cause my fisher is dead without it ;-(

thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB : FISHER K-10 SPACEXPANDER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: