DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> OTHER GENERAL DUB TOPICS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shintogurl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Hi again. Reply with quote

Hi folks. Just a quick post to say hi as I'm new to the forum. I already posted this in the none Dub section but thought I'd put it here too as it is relevant I think. Anyway.
I have loved Reggae for years but have only really got into Dub reggae in the last few years. I am an amateur musician and producer and I am at college at the moment studying Music Tech. Unfortunately due to living expenses I won't be able to do the 2nd year of the course. But I am hoping to take what I have learned from the first year and build on that and eventually start my own studio.
I really want to try and make Dub style recordings, mainly Reggae but also trying to add the Dub influence on other tunes. I have not really had any success yet in trying to make a Dub recording as I have lacked the equipment and don't fully have the knowledge of the VSTs available to me yet. I have made a track that is on Soundcloud at the moment that is an experiment in learning how to do Dub effects. https://soundcloud.com/shintogurl/some-kinda-dub I don't think it's very good really, but it's a start. It was done on an iPad app, Rebirth by Propellorhead. I think I can do better with practice and hopefully will soon be able to produce a real recording and then do a dub version using real drums and instruments.
I am a drummer, albeit an amatuer one and I have a drum kit sitting waiting to be used. I do have a guitar but the wires inside need resoldering, not something I have experince with but I'm gonna give it a try. As for bass, well I could borrow one off me Ex, or just do it on synth or VST instrument.
I hope to learn a lot from this forum and as far as I can see there's as much information available here as there is on the rest of the web combined so I think I'm in the best place.
Also I have been thinking about how to try and build my own tape delay machine just using some old tape recorder components and a lot of trial and error moments. It might be a waste of time, but we have a few old tape players and a couple of tape recorders in the house so I think a bit of bedroom butchery of the electronic kind will be taking place, all in the name of science.
Anyway I've waffled enough. This was just meant to be a short intro not a life story.
I look forward to learning lots and hopefully producing some tunes you can all be happy to listen to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> OTHER GENERAL DUB TOPICS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: