JMX ET 520 tape echo motor replacement

Moderator: interruptor

cutipaste

JMX ET 520 tape echo motor replacement

Post by cutipaste » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi everybody! Good to be here, lots of useful information.
I hope you could help me. I have an old JMX ET 520 tape echo with missing parts. I sort of inherited it so i want to try fixing it before dumping it. One of the playback heads is missing, i guess i could find a suitable 1/4" head. If not i think i could live without it. But the motor is also missing, and that´s a problem. I did a good deal of searching and found no specs at all, but discovered that the JMX had a "twin", the Vorg Echo Orbit EO 1 tape echo. I did find a picture of the motor of a Vorg machine. It´s a Sankyo, and as you can see in the picture, its label says "H2NL0 71201-B".
Could you help deciphering that code? I need to know the specs of that motor and if i could get it somewhere, Sankyo or other brand.
Sorry for my english (it´s not my first language) thanks a lot and best regards,
Alfredo

AUX1Dub

Post by AUX1Dub » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:51 pm

I think your best bet is to contact Sankyo. They still exist. I could not find a service manual for either models so no luck there.

Theres a way to test to see the draw but I dont know how.

cutipaste

Post by cutipaste » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks for your reply AUX1Dub! I contacted Sankyo a couple of weeks ago but they said they didn´t keep record of that product and it was probably custom made for the manufacturer. No luck there :(
I´m currently waiting for the opinion of a tech.
Best regards,
Alfredo