Not Enough Aux Sends On Your Mixer?

Moderator: interruptor

pryere

Not Enough Aux Sends On Your Mixer?

Post by pryere » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Get a line splitter. The one I found can split one line into eight. Or two lines into four each with level control on each line.
This has been a god send for me. Hope it helps others that had overlooked it.

Dub On.
Give thanks.

http://www.henrysdjpacentre.co.uk/img-s ... -662-p.asp

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:45 pm

interesting idea.. but how do you actually connect and use it? i don't get it. :?

pryere

Post by pryere » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:01 am

On my desk I have only three aux sends.
Each one is connected to an outboard device and returned to a mixer channel.
With the line splitter, I can have one line split into eight, with each line connected to a device and returned again to the mixer.
So, instead of having a maximum of three devices at any one time, I can have eight. With level control on each line.

DUB Snack

Post by DUB Snack » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:46 am

Sounds like a cool idea. But if aux 1 is split into 8 lines. How do you control what your sending to where?
If you raise the send on aux 1 its going to hit all of the 8 different fx you have patched in with the splitter?

pryere

Post by pryere » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:11 am

Each of the eight lines has output level control.
I have noticed that our good friends @ Behringer have a similar product.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MX882.aspx

AUX1Dub

Post by AUX1Dub » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:06 pm

If you dont have enough sends, try this if your desk has subgroups.

Send from subgroup 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 etc to an effect. Return it to a spare channel. To activate it just turn on the subgroup button on the channel you want to affect and turn up the subgroup volume.

With my reverb it's kind of complicated. If Im using a stereo reverb I set up two aux sends for L/R and return them to two spare channels and hard pan each. I patch directly from subgroup 1/2 into a 3rd spare channel. I turn up both reverb sends on the 3rd channel and turn off the channel so I only get wet reverb. This way I can use one reverb for two ways at once. For my reverb bombs I flick the subgroup up quickly. For just adding reverb a little to pianos or something I turn up the send and dont touch it.

If you use this method with an echo, set your echo to a very short decay and turn the subgroup on itself. This way you can control decay with the subgroup volume.

Its much faster mixing with this method because your hands move very little, its like playing a piano. With 4 subgroups I have a finger on each groups.