How do I get my dub music released

Moderator: interruptor

DubFlix

How do I get my dub music released

Post by DubFlix » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Hey everyone,

As a new user of this forum I don't want you to think that I'm doing dub for the money. I've always been producing for the love of good music and for the joy of making it.

I am producing reggae riddims for my band since manny years and since a year or two I am more focusing on making dub music rather than just reggae.

My experience with producing reggae helped me a lot to understand dub and how it is supposed to be produced.

And of course all YOUR tips on this site helped me a lot too :grin: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But I find it hard to get my music out to the world. I don't know how to approach labels, what labels could be interested in my music and what other channels are there that reach a lot of dub loving people.

I don't expect some kind of fancy record deal with some posh label I just want to get my music to the people who might love it and to the soundsystems that might play it.

So any tips on how to get your dubs to the people would be appreciated.

Blessings all dubateers keep on dubbin' down Babylon ;-)

maef

Post by maef » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:03 am

Hi DubFlix,

there are a lot of small record labels that may like your stuff ! So the classic way is , you send your tunes to different soundsystems and if they like it they´ll play it. If the crowd likes it they maybe come to your soundcloud page if you have one. The scene is really not that big, if you do good work thats worth to be on vinyl you will get there .. but first you need to test your tunes in session and get your name out there ..just send promo tunes to some soundsystems.. I would love to hear some !

DubFlix

Post by DubFlix » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:06 am

Thanks for your vision Maef, I guess I'm gonna have to do some research tough to get to the real dub soundsystems because we have lots of soundsystems around here but only a few of them play a lot of dub.

I do have a soundcloud;
www.soundcloud.com/dubflix
I am posting a new tune this week on it..

maef

Post by maef » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:21 pm

I like your tunes ! but i´m excited for the new one ! If you want to get your stuff out, check https://www.facebook.com/freemindsoundsystem/ we are a dub soundsystem from munich ! If you have something that we like we´ll play it !