DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommended dub tracks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> DUB RECORDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricardo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

the skatalites "african dub" .... top dub for a first date that ..... killer!
Mellowman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Hi..
I would just say that my best dub album is
Lee "scratch" Perry & Mad Proffesor's DUB TAKES VOODOO OUT OF REGGAE !!!
Killer album!!
superb1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Someone recomended Dr. ALimatado or whatever his name was...Sure the background i G.R.E.A.T but to hear him toast makes me (and hopefully som other people sick =) )

So try this one if you liked the background but not the "singer"...

Sly & Robbie - Dreams Of Dub

Also try these:

1. Sly & Robbie - Righteous Dub
2. Long beach dub allstars - Astro Dub (i don't like these guys normally, but this song is great)
3. Nazarenes (This isn't really dub, it's a reggae-band from sweden, origin from (eritrea?)
However it's beautiful....great production, fantastic song.
ricardo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

"creation dub" from mad professor's "inspirational sounds of.."

possibly the finest dub tune ever ... reminds me of an aswad bassline .... then turns your brain inside out .... serious dub tune imo
Mellowman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

This is for SUPERBL:
Man, how can you say that Dr. Alimantado sucks?
It's a classic dub album and I think that everybody
should hear it.. That album is in top 50 best dubreggae albums ever so.. Don't shit on it.
There are many better albums but still.
Sly & Robbie are cool but nothing new..

If you want to hear something realy beautifull try Radioaxiom a dub transmission from Bill Laswell & Jah Wobble if u didn't hear it allready.
Or maybe Tubby meets Skatalites - Heroes of reggae in dub.
Or the Arabs - Crytuff dub encounter..
Italsem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Hi,

As a starter i would begin with a classic dub: something like: Burning spear - Garvey`s ghost
For the main course: Lee scratch Perry and Prince Jammy - Dub the old fashioned way.
And as a dessert : Scientist - Rids the world of the evil curse of the vampires..
I bet the person would be hooked on the recepies in my Dub kitchen;)
Dubdaze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Lee Perry - Space Dub

...love this one

I want to add The Rockers Uptown also, even if its been said before, simply a classic for me!
JohnAsk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Right now my favorite single is The Butch Cassidy Sound System b- side "Take me to your Leader". I tell everyone starting to listen to dub to listen to " King Tubby's Meets Rockers Uptown" from start to finish. If the're not hooked after listening; they just won't get the vibe.
Sanhadji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Bless,

I won't mention any tracks, but these artist are a must for the beginner:

Lee Scratch Perry
King Tubby
Scientist
Mad Professor

Respects,

Sanhadji
blurrededges

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

well this thread is pretty long already but i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned HIGH TONE.
i'v turned a few people onto dub by lending them some high tone cds.
Dubb Triffidd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Some time last year, some guy called Ricardo posted above that he thought that "Creation Dub" by Mad Professor was the best dub ever made. While that opinion reveals a lack of listening experience, it's worth pointing out that "Creation Dub" is actually Jah Shaka's work, mixed by Mad Professor (like most of Jah Shaka's 80s stuff).
Dr Dub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Listen to anyhting that has to do with Adrian Sherwood (ON-U Sound).

Crucial to start with is a band called CREATION REBEL (albums: dub from creation, rebel vibrations). Mid 70s Lee Perry productions are essential too. Then there is (of course) the likes of King Tubby an all... Nuff stuff to get into:-))) Love & respect >> dr dub
McPullish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

King tubby's Meets rockers Uptown
Scientist- Heavyweight Dub Champion
LSP-any Black Ark dub
Mad Professor- dub Me Crazy 1&2
Jah Shaka- Commandments of Dub pt. 3
Bullwackie's allstars- African Roots parts 1&2
Disciples- Prowling lion
Twilight Circus- Bin Shaker Dub, volcanic Dub
A&O, stuff on BSI, Select Cuts, Burial Sound, Adrian Sherwood,Bill Laswell, orb, Pole,etc.

really there are many hrs of tunes
danny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Just go and check the best re-issues of 2005 by the classic label DEB Music .You can see them and listen to them exclusively at www.baddamusic.com .
Badda than the rest !!!!
tony the lion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Yes Danny boy !!!!
You know quality ...Everything by Deb is a true classic!!!!If you are into Reggae and Dub and you don`t have all the DEB Lps & 12s you deserve to get the Reggae Police knocking at your door!!!This new label Badda Music has done an extraordinary job re-issuing them again since they were put out in the 70s.The royalty of Reggae is involved man!!!!They have a wicked website as well!!!
Tony the lion
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

^^^^^^
hahaha, very funny. writing two posts under two different names. danny and tony the lion are one and the same!

it just doesn't help your credibility much if it's so obvious that you are trying to fool us. your ip address is being logged with each message..
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

the site is nice though :) good music but not necessariliy dub.
i liked the lovers rock from 16 17 18
monodread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

yo people,
greetings from Sarajevo...
...humm...yes we know 'batadub inna this area!!!

Me favourite...
...there are so many of them, but let's say...

Kaly Live Dub- Hyphonic
Hybrid sound system- Synchrone
High Tone- Opus Incertum
Aizell- Concerning Monospaces
Fumuj- Monstrueuse Normalite
Uzinadub
Zenzile- Totem & Meets Jamika

...and after all a maximum respect to the whole Dub scene in France, 'cause they did an enormous work of da reinventing the Dub it self.
You must check it if ya didn't yet!!!!!

Big up to all of ya!!!!

savuvi crew 93,1 mHz
flyingflee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

Sorry all it's gotta be new zealand's undiscovered greatest:

salmonella dub
rhombus
the black seeds
N0bby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Recommended dub tracks? Reply with quote

All of the above and one which you should try
(early 90's) "guerilla in dub" stuff like drum club and spooky...dubbed to the max...truly the spirit of dubbbbbb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> DUB RECORDS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: