DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

which Soundcard is best?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOUNDCARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

I am planning to buy a new soundcard, does anyone know any good soundcard for music?

/David Prophet
aleph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

I ve tried MOTU ad/da when i was recording a hardcore group ,it sounds good u
can use analog extern device keep the color of valves(in 24b/96hz)
you can use it easyly on severals computers(firewire) ,but i don t kwnow if it sounds good for dub ,normaly in24/96 there'S no problem
isn't it?
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

David, there are SO many to choose from nowdays which are pretty good. Do you want just basic card (in/out) or some multi-in/out? Do you need/want to have also midi in/out? Do you need/want any synch options. Any specific in/out, like optical digital for example? How mach do you want to spend? What's you computer system? OperSystem,RAM, Processor, available slots?

If you just want ot swing over to see vary stuff, here's a good link:
audio interfaces cards etc at musicianfriend store,
I would not say they have best prices, but gives you pretty good overall idea, and most cards or systems there are pretty good...really hard to choose thou....

goodluck'shoopin'
/Mike Zee

MZEntertainment.com
KoCha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

If you don't need Multi I/O.. use a SoundBlaster.
I have got the audigy and i use it for record the main mix.. no problem. Soundfont, firewire support...

Don't take a model with less quality than Audigy (like pci128 or other) beceause sound sucks.. (i speak only for SB card)

Good Luck

KoCha

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting
munky lee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

hi!
I personnally use an ECHO GINA 24.
I'm really happy with it. excelent sound, really.
96/24. 2 analog ins, 8 analog outs, adat in/out, spdif in/out. asio, wdm drivers...

kocha, I don't think sound blaster cards are good for music. I think it is most for multimedia applications.
I used to have a sound blaster card before. it was pretty good but for serious music production, it's not so good.
DC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

I use 2x audiowerk8 cards wich gives me 16physical outs. I like the cards, they sound good and work very well with logic.

DC
pete benn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

I'm using a Videologic Sonic Fury (which is a re-packaged Turtle Beach Santa Cruz). If on a budget definately worth looking at. Here in the UK they're under £100. No serious problems but I'd strongly recommend running under Win XP as opposed to 98 because the drivers are far more stable.
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

i use 2 creamware soundcards with onboard dsps for effects, mixing and synthesizer emulations. 12 physical inputs and outputs.
HM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

I use RME Hammerfall 9652 lightpibed
with 2 x Fostex VC-8 for 16 in/out,.

Perfect coexistance with VST, love it

HM
Uncle Riotous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: which Soundcard is best? Reply with quote

I've got a Soundblaster Audigy and the latentcy is really bad. I downloaded the KX Project drivers which helped but it still isn't good. It's also worth noting that the A-D convertors on all SB cards are fixed at 48KHz so if you record at 44.1KHz you end up doing a samplerate conversion in the machine everytime.

Personally if you're after a good cheap card which is really highly spec'd I'd look at the M-Audio Audiophile. They're around the same price as an SB but a much better musicians card.
overstand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the cash and you want a high quality portable firewire card for laptop or desktop that will not let you down

For PC: RME Fireface 800
For MAC: Apogee Ensemble

I did a lot of research when looking at firewire cards and this seems to be a general consensus...

open to correction tho Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOUNDCARDS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: