Good reason patch for organ bubble?

Moderator: interruptor

DoubleA

Post by DoubleA » Sat May 28, 2005 1:15 am

I've been using reason to make reggae tracks for a while, but I haven't found a good patch for the organ bubble sound. I've used the various NN19, NNXT, and some Subtractor patches, but nothing that quite does it for me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Peter M

Post by Peter M » Sun May 29, 2005 10:14 pm

can u give an example of the exact type of bubble you are after, I should be able to help

Mr Mauvais Caractè

Post by Mr Mauvais Caractè » Mon May 30, 2005 2:16 pm

I've read somewhere that the Korg 01/fw synth has a similar patch. Basically, I think it's a kind of percussive sine wave with a rotary speaker patched through, but I've never achieved to create that typical sound.

DoubleA

Post by DoubleA » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:36 pm

Hey Peter, I'm looking for that 70's bubble sound, its hard for me to explain. I'm actually after multiple sounds. Some examples of songs that have bubble sounds I like: Horace Andy - Just Say Who, Slim Smith or Pat Kelly - If It Don't Work Out, Slim Smith - Just A Dream. <BR>That was just a quick listing of some songs I'm listening to right now, but there are other sounds. Any bubble sound you might hear of some Scientist, King Tubby or Lee Perry work, up to the early 80's stuff I am a big fan of. Thanks for any suggestions.

mellotones

Post by mellotones » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:41 am

Slim Smith One of the most soulful and accomplished singers of Jamaica. <BR> <BR>Slim Smith found his biggest success from 1965 until his premature death at age 25 in 1973. Although according to various reports stating he had a troubled and unstable life, Smith will best be remembered for his stunning contributions to reggae's vocal tradition. <BR> <BR>check this out: <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.topictracker.org/index.php?& ... im%2BSmith" TARGET="_top">http://www.topictracker.org/index.php?& ... 3;Smith</A> <BR> <BR>respect.