DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OTARI MX 5050 - missing cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> RECORDING MACHINES (ANALOG TAPE, HD MULTITRACKERS, ADAT, ..)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaillout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: OTARI MX 5050 - missing cable Reply with quote

Hello,
I got an old OTARI MX 5050 8 Track 1/2 ď... Composed of 2 parts. But my problem is : I have lost a precious cable between the 2 parts : the AMP and the DESK !!!
As I can not find this connectors TOCON anymore, I would like to make it myself, to power the Tape again...
I made a cable wich connects eachover the 10 pins from side to side of the 2 parts of the Otari : all functions work but no sound from the playback head in the amp..

So, if you have one (or know somebody who have one) please would you like having a look in your connector and tell me : how is it cabled or wired (I donít the word !) : it must be a specific cabling inside (with a resistor or component between two pins or something like that ???).
Could you show it or draw a schematic diagram and send to me by mail please ???

It would be great from you, and I could at least repair my Otari !!!
Thanks a lot for your answer
I can give you pictures of the Tape Machine by email
Soren Wittrup

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: OTARI MX 5050 - missing cable Reply with quote

Hi there.
I don't know if you have resolved your problem yet, but I came across your mail during a search and thought I'd send you this info.
I am an Otari tech in the US and actually have an original interconnect harness in my spare parts assortment.
The wiring is straght forward in the cabling using 20 gauge wire following the colorcode.
The only different wire, is attached to position 1, and is a screened cable with the center conductor connected on pin 1, and the screen connected together with a black wire on pin 8.
Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> RECORDING MACHINES (ANALOG TAPE, HD MULTITRACKERS, ADAT, ..) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: