DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

drum box size ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : DRUMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: drum box size ? Reply with quote

Is it enough to ensure "working-space" for arms
and legs and drums and mic stands ? I go for
a very damped solution anyway, no room-sound,
just the close mic, and overhead, and TONS of soft materials on all surface, anyway are there
special troubles arriving in very small boxes ?

(I might be able to build a little drumbox in
the corner, studio is one large room now)

HM
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: drum box size ? Reply with quote

I was searching google.com for 'drum booth'...there's allots of sites , pics, studios you can find as example or what ever info etc...
As I understand recording drums in small booth is common thing... well, I've seen drum-both as small as drum-kit set-up plus stul ;)... the idea is to sort of isolate the drummer...and cover inside of the 'cage' with soft material ...so there's no accoustics at all..... you get 'dry' tight recording...then you'll have do deal with drum track(s) on you mixer and effects to create what ever you desire...
Howerever for rock/stage-like recording it sure recommended to record drums in some 'acousticly-hot' room, and use mother-nature...

keep posting how's building goin' ..interesting to know :)

/respects,
/mz dr.zee

MZEntertainment.com
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: drum box size ? Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : DRUMS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: