DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lee Perry in ad for Guinness!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> LEE SCRATCH PERRY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nematod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 12:48 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

has anyone else seen the ad for Guinness where LSP is driving around in a bathtub doing tha 'electronic meditation' or something , now thats really cool! , (btw,yes , i am irish)
interruptor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 1:07 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

ok, let's declare guiness "the official drink of
the dub me crazy page".. :-)
DC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 9:57 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

I'll start drinking Guinness, right now..

DC
JohnP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:51 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

count me in, cheers..much nicer than Red Stripe! btw, that ad is in the UK only?
jp
Nematod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 7:44 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

i wouldnt know about the uk ;P , but its been on a good few times on tv in ireland , so i presume its also running over in the uk . im sure some well meaning guinness-drinker or LSP-lover has put it up on the net though , ill try to record it next time its on and see what i can do.
funny thing is , i doubt that many people , DUB fans aside will recognise him , even less realise he is like this probably all the time (driving around in a bathtub on wheels meditating... )
peace , nem.
Looter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 8:45 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

I woild love to see that commercial. Guinness is hard to come by where I live (america), you guys dont know how easy you've got it.
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 6:37 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

check the site:
http://www.guinness.com

:)

/m z

MZEntertainment.com
Dub Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:12 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

http://www.itsafewdegreesout.com/

That's the official website for the Lee Perry campaign. All clips to download. Very funny Surprised)

Dub Rogue
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 10:25 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

Dub Rogue, tnks for the link, man :) hehehehehe, arhhhhh, lol.... these are!!! fun clips, chek'em guys, really. Looks like you need QuickTime to watch them. ha ha: alien-brain..dohhh, rofl :)
I think LSP could make some cool movie, something like half comedy half mystery with music, dance and fun sci-fi stuff..sort of crazy mix for holidays, could be a real fun, me thinkin'....

best, guys,

m zee
zee dub lab

MZEntertainment.com
bin_ez

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

Lee Perry's got a studio down on the Quays somewhere supposedly, do you know anything about this Nematod, a mate of mine saw him on Moore Street dancing around the place doing a photo shoot for Hot Press or something...
ur_wickedness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

Does'nt that lSP site work no more?? (itsafewdegreesoutthere.com)

regards
ur_wikidness
bin_ez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

I don't think so.
I've tried it a few and times and no go.
Nematod

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

I never heard that LSP had relocated to ireland , but i saw the Hot press article alright. I think that Scratch played in Ireland , but it must've been when i was outta the country (otherwise ida been there!).
I'll ask around , and see if i can track him down!! ;)
bin_ez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

Yeah, I think he played in Vicar Street sometime in September/October/November 2001. But then I could be totally wrong. Probably. But yeah, I'm petty sure he played at some stage, and I guess he likes the place, because I've heard him talk about Dublin somewhere (maybe it was just Guinness paying him to say he liked it).

I don't know why they even got him to do those ads. I've only met a couple of people who knew it was him. Most of the timewhen I tell people I like Scratch, they've no idea who he is, so I say; "remember there was some wierdo in the Guinness ads a couple of years ago? WEll in the seventies he produced and recorded a lot of fantastic music..." Then they back away nodding slowly.
bin_ez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

http://leeperry.free.fr/extra/guinness.htm

You can get the ads here now. :)

That's a great site.
Downpressor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

They can now be found at http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/search/?q=Guinness+Ireland
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Lee Perry in ad for Guinness! Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> LEE SCRATCH PERRY All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: