DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Art DI/O digital conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOUNDCARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Art DI/O digital conversion Reply with quote

How important is digital conversion, is there a big difference in sound quality? Right now I'm guessing I have a mediocre sound card, it's the card that came with my G4 computer. I'm using an all right mixer as a mic preamp and mixing in ProTools. Iíve read good things about the Art DI/O as an inexpensive way to make junk sound cards sound decent. Has anyone used these or other converters?

Vince
interruptor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Art DI/O digital conversion Reply with quote

the importance of conversion quality:

The first time I used MP3 files (128k) I listened to them using a good headphone (~200 Euro/$) connected to a cheapo terratec soundcard (~20 Euro/$). I couldn't tell the difference between the MP3 and the original 16bit 48kHz audio file!

If I listen to MP3s on my current setup I can clearly hear the difference. So for me it's no question that conversion quality DOES matter.

I don't know about the ART converter you mention though..
midiband

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Art DI/O digital conversion Reply with quote

Ideas for Modifying the ART DI/O
http://www.siteswithstyle.com/VoltSecond/ART_DIO_MODs/ART_DIO_MODs.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOUNDCARDS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: