DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to get that ching,ching guitar sound?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : GUITAR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

I would like to have the same sound as the high tone's guitarist (or other dub band), but I don't know the effects that I should use.
I have a zoom505 and a Cry baby, if someone could help.
thx
DubsTotheFace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

a cool techniq - put a sock n the bridge.

The basic skank over Dub Bassline:
Dull piano organ sound : \ \ \ \ \ \ \...
Guitar : | | | | | | ...

I think is possible to get more organic effects if you use your hands, not a plectrum.
And always use wah and a phaser
and not forgetting delay
and intervals of thirds sound nice too
also play it loud its just not fun otherwise
Simplifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

tubbyrule, try as I might I can't get my guitar to go 'wokka-cha, dang-cha'. It goes 'wikka-wakka, tang-cha', but that isn't quite the effect I'm after...Seriously though man, a well expressed suggestion! (Wikka-wokka bang-cha, wik-wok banga-chaka, wikka-wokka wikka-cha, bang-bang chakka-wok - my latest dub...everyone like?)
tubbyrule

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

i dont really understand what i meant now either.
Dugsy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

any body know about any good reggae guitar synth
sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

i've read bout humbuckers, i think single pickups work better for streggae
BerZerK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

Fender Strat the most versatile and recognisable guitar ever made. But i still want a Les Paul !
Hmm Dub lovely in summer and splendid in winter.
nice site BTW innit?
MotorMind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

I personally get a pretty good guitar sound by strumming the melody strings of my Chapman Stick ;)
Simplifier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

chapman stick? that isn't rude, is it?
Chris Geller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

This is a little off topic, but I'm trying to find out what guitars and amps Hux Brown and Lynn Taitt were playing in the 66-69 period.

Also, anyone know what effect the lead guitar on Monkey Spanner is using? Is that an enveloper? T
noodlehoss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

Hi - I'm just visiting here. Is there a name for the single note melodic guitar parts used in reggae? The percussive, palm muted lines with lots of tripletts, usually on the lower strings...complimentary to the bass line?
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: how to get that ching,ching guitar sound? Reply with quote

i usually just call it mute guitar.
Klaus5

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the documentary "Studio One Story", Coxsone says how he used an Echoplex (if i recall correctly) to get the "chuck-ah" sound (as opposed to a single "ching"). I assume a light reverb with a relatively long predelay or a delay with only a tiny bit of feedback would give a similar effect, although ive not tried this out personally yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : GUITAR All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: