DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Layout of a dub track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : OTHER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zwokker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Layout of a dub track Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not a bright light on programming a track.
I was wondering if their is a "line" in a dub track.
With line I mean lets say the first 4 bars no bassline, after that the bassline kicks in for 2 bars,...

Cheers

Tim
interruptor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Layout of a dub track Reply with quote

there is no rule. however since dubs are traditionally based on complete songs there is often a segmentation through the different parts in the song (chorus, verse, bridge) accentuated for example by drum rolls or chord changes. Usually such positions in the song lend themselves perfectly for dropping in and out a track.
if you analyse some songs you'll see that these segmentations often appear every 4 or 8 bars.
oooeeeOOOoooOOooo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Layout of a dub track Reply with quote

Its nice to keep the bassline constant, and guiitaer,trumpets,et al real minimal- have it dropped in for two bars, then out for 16. just the way i like it :)

to quote the master King Tubby-
"bass is the drum, guitar is the snare, drums are the melody, and echo is the string that binds it all together"

It really does make sense when you think about it.
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Layout of a dub track Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : OTHER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: