lee perry - bird in hand...

Moderator: interruptor

Nathan Conte

Post by Nathan Conte » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:44 pm

hi, <BR> <BR>does anybody know the lyrics of lee perry's "bird in hand", or at least in which language this song is? <BR> <BR>thanx, <BR> <BR>nate

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 pm

Good question, its a great track, and one naturally wonders what the language is/lyrics are. I'd like to find out too.

Dubb Triffidd

Post by Dubb Triffidd » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:19 pm

It's in Hindi. LSP took the lyrics from a Hindi movie he saw by the same name &#40;Milte Hi Aankhen&#41;. I think it's just a love song. <BR> <BR>Wicked concept.

Triffidd

Post by Triffidd » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:42 pm

Apasana mera BHANGaya &#40;?&#41; <BR>Apasana kisi hai

Ratus

Post by Ratus » Sun May 01, 2005 3:36 pm

I've download song "Bird in Hand" and this text I've found inlayed: <BR> <BR>Here's a little piece of trivia about the song "Bird in Hand" that I <BR> <BR>discovered today. I've listened to this song lord knows how many <BR> <BR>times, when I suddenly recognised some of the words. And then it hit <BR> <BR>me - he's singing in Hindi! In quite a bad accent, but nevertheless, <BR> <BR>it's recognisable. So anyway, my girlfriend Manali is Indian, and she <BR> <BR>recognised the words. A few frantic minutes with Google later, and I <BR> <BR>can bring you this exclusive scoop: <BR> <BR> <BR>Bird In Hand is actually a cover of a song from a 1950 Indian film <BR> <BR>called "Babul" &#40;dir. Raj Kapoor&#41;. The original song, written by <BR> <BR>Naushad, is sung by Talat Mehmood and Shamshad Begum. If you want to <BR> <BR>know what Lee's singing &#40;check it out!&#41;, the original words are: <BR> <BR> <BR>Milte hi aankhein dil hua deewana kissi ka &#40;x2&#41; <BR> <BR>Afsana mera ban gaya afsana kissi ka <BR> <BR>Puchho na mohabbat ka asar, haay na puchho <BR> <BR>Dam bhara mein koyi ho gaya, parwaana kisika <BR> <BR>Afsaana mera ban gaya, afsaana kisika <BR> <BR> <BR>&#40;thanks to <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.shamaandfriends.com/lyrics/s ... nkhein.htm" TARGET="_top">http://www.shamaandfriends.com/lyrics/s ... tm</A>&#41; <BR> <BR> <BR>Which means: <BR> <BR> <BR>As soon as eyes met, somebody's heart went mad <BR> <BR>My tale has happened, somebody's tale <BR> <BR>Don't ask me love's effect, ask "is it &#91;love&#93;?" <BR> <BR>I took a breath and somebody happened, somebody's lover. <BR> <BR> <BR>Wanna hear the original? Well, the song is called "milte hi aankhen", <BR> <BR>go search... <BR> <BR> <BR>Of course this raises all kinds of interesting questions, none of <BR> <BR>which we'll ever know the answer to. Such is the nature of Lee. <BR> <BR> <BR>Jez Humble.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun May 01, 2005 9:10 pm

surprising.. thanks for bringing this info to us! <BR>indian culture had an influence on jamaican music also later on: in the mid-nineties i played a sly & robbie produced mykal roze album &#40;"the taxi sessions"&#41; to an indian friend and he told me the music reminded him a lot of what is played at indian weddings.. sly & robbie termed that style "reggae bangara". well, that specific rhythm pattern can be heard in a similar way in many traditional music styles &#40;near east, brazil, even soca from trinidad&#41; so it may be difficult to trace back where it actually started, or even if it originated from one single location. it's just definitely not a "western" invention. <BR> <BR>perry's "bird in hand" has a typical one drop beat. so the indian inspiration here was just the lyrics and probably the melody. <BR> <BR>respect <BR>daniel

Jez Humble

Post by Jez Humble » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:32 am

It's the melody too - you can hear the original here: <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.indianscreen.com/mp3/Babul-T ... ankhen.mp3" target="_blank">http://www.indianscreen.com/mp3/Babul-T ... hen.mp3</a>

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:30 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:43 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:37 am

DELETED