DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap Mutli-Out Soundcard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOUNDCARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter M

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Cheap Mutli-Out Soundcard Reply with quote

I mainly use reason along with some drum machines, melodica etc and a four-track tape rec

would like to be able to record some reason stuff straight to tape to get some warmer/tape comp sounds, ideally four trax at once

I use a mac which has a good soundcard onboard, just need the multi outs, analogue is fine, need not be high bit etc

pref a card that does not need internal installation as I may go to a laptop next year

any suggestions?
blurrededges

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Cheap Mutli-Out Soundcard Reply with quote

M-Audio's delta 44 is supposed to be a good deal for the price versus quality. i'm looking into getting one since they're only a couple hundred bucks. they have 4 in and 4 outs. all analogue 1/4" jacks.
fattestbass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Cheap Mutli-Out Soundcard Reply with quote

As I've said before on the site- have a look at the delta 1010LT at the thomann cyberstore- its only £148 and for 10 ins and outs (1 stereo spdif i/o and 8 unbalanced i/o) it's a bargin.
Enjoy
Pat
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Cheap Mutli-Out Soundcard Reply with quote

I've bought M-Audio Delta410 a while ago for $89... I think they are still around for similar price. you get 2 in, 8 outs and digital in/out. I think it's the cheapest thing outthere which is a great quality card. Mac/PC. I use it on W-XP with Sonar - works perfect.
The card actually came with Reason Adapted version and Ableton Delta Live V2 software... hah, this would be cool, if you don't have any software yet... I played with Reason adapted for a while... it's pretty cool thing...din't have time getting into it, but I'm mentioning it just to point out, that the card must work well with Reason.
Now, this is PCI internal host card... so it will not be useful on laptop. The option for laptop I'd say would be lloking for some Firewier box, which with 8 outs arn't cheap as I have seen, Delta 410 FireWire external box system, which does similar thing as PCI Delta 410 is about $400 ...
Or try some USB (does mac have USB port???? :) I know next to nothing about Mac, lol), example, Terratc Phase 26 USB Recording Interface is for Mac/W 2ins 6 outs... ($250 or so) I don't know anything about it thou..can't tell how good/bad it is.
I have created listings for soundcards and recording systems, which are available from MF store, there you can sort of quickly check them out, some reviews from uses, prices etc, here the link: soundcards and recording systems
good luck,
/Mike Zee aka Dr ZEE
zee dub lab

MZEntertainment.com
Peter M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Cheap Mutli-Out Soundcard Reply with quote

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : SOUNDCARDS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: