DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notting Hill Carnival

View previous topic :: View next topic  
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 12:43 am    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

I'll go to the Notting Hill Carnival thîs year. I wanted to do that for almost ten years and now it will finally happen!

Has anyone here been there already? Any tips and hints you could give me? Any special places/events to go or not to go?

thanks
the interruptor
DC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:25 am    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

to me the only iteresting ones this year are. Aba Shanti I and Jah Observer. But i heard some things from UK people that the carnival is controlled now and quits at 0.00 H. In the past it was like anyone who had a sound could build it up and play.Now you need a permit to play.
So i think the magic is gone.
johny2bad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:27 pm    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

yeah, there is a curfew kinda. But Aba Shanti I is always magical, even if you see him for 15 minutes. Look at this place to see where and when he plays:

http://www.portowebbo.co.uk/nottinghilltv/carnival-countdown.htm

I don't know for sure but i was hearing a rumour that there will be a few after carnival Dub soundsystems at clubs nearby. You'll have to keep a look our while your there.
Aside from that i would suggest not taking too much money with you and if you do know where the after carnival dub party is go there before it all closes down. There is a MASSIVE squeeze to go on tubes and buses when the music is over.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Notting Hill Carnival Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EVENTS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: