Background Noises

Moderator: interruptor

Allen

Background Noises

Post by Allen » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:04 am

I know this is more of a general question, but I literally just got recording capabilities yesterday. <BR>I'm running a cheap, semi-old &#40;there's either a very small hard drive or none at all&#41; keyboard through a Tascam 464 portastudio and I have access to a college studio running Protools, but I just got access to it today and haven't been in yet. I recorded a drum pattern off the keyboard into the tascam directly and when I listen to the track by itself, I notice very faint beeps making patterns in the background. Does anyone know of a way to lay those patterns on a track? <BR> <BR>Thanks and Blessings

Neil C

Background Noises

Post by Neil C » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:20 pm

Is it the pattern of the faint beeps that you want to isolate and use in Protools?

Allen

Background Noises

Post by Allen » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:37 pm

Yes.

Neil C

Background Noises

Post by Neil C » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:50 pm

Well, I would suggest manually deleting the actual drum hits so all you are left with is the beeps. <BR>You could then just manually copy the position of the beeps &#40;you should see them in the recorded waveform&#41; on a midi track. <BR>Alternatively, the Beat Detective and Sound Replacer functions in Protools may be useful here. <BR>I'm not very familiar with Protools but there may well be a way of converting audio transients &#40;beats&#41; to midi. <BR> <BR>Basically you'll need to delete the non-beep sounds and then you'll have several options as to how to harness the beep pattern. <BR> <BR>If you time stretch the recording you could just play along with the beeps on a midi track. You wouldn't need to delete the actual beats then. Processing the track with a compressor would make the beeps louder and aid you in this.

Allen

Background Noises

Post by Allen » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:14 am

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

DELETED

Background Noises

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:17 am

DELETED

DELETED

Background Noises

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:06 pm

DELETED